Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Very pleased to announce…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

With enormous thanks to Forum member Greg (Estim8) for his concentrated help and encouragement, Phase 1 of Family Home Improvements’ website is now live. :)

Could you please have a bit of a look and let me know what you think; Good, bad or indifferent.

Would love to hear your thoughts on things like:
    First impression? Engagement………? Lasting impression? Concept? and so on.

[Site currently unavailable. Link removed]

Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Next stop…..MARKETING!!!

Thanks Everybody, :)

Lindsay

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Congrats Young Man

Look forward to checking it out a bit later today, and will let you know how gr8 it is then ;)

Speak soon and congrats again, great seeing forumites working together…

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Congratulations on reaching that milestone Lindsay! I know you’ve been toying with ideas for ages, so I’m really proud of you that you identified the right one and are making it happen.

Onwards and upwards,
    Jayne

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Yay Lindsay,

Just dropped by to say. It’s been a pleasure to be involved getting your idea to this point.

And a very nice change to communicate with someone who can write and spell a lot better than I can.

Cheers :)

Lindz
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 192103 wrote:
    Congratulations on reaching that milestone Lindsay! I know you’ve been toying with ideas for ages, so I’m really proud of you that you identified the right one and are making it happen.

Onwards and upwards,
    Jayne

Awwwww…….Jane, you’re too kind :o. (Gotta Love the Flying Solo Forums!)

I’m sure some of your past comments and suggestions to me about lessening stress and making things easier for home owners are definitely in the mix there somewhere.

Big thank you.:D

All best,

Lindsay

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    estim8, post: 192118 wrote:
    Yay Lindsay,

Just dropped by to say. It’s been a pleasure to be involved getting your idea to this point.

And a very nice change to communicate with someone who can write and spell a lot better than I can.

Cheers :)

Quick thing I noticed, on the contact page the bottom menu is full width but on the rest it’s within the central container.

Maclean

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hey Lindsay,

A couple of comments.

* You will be directly competing with oneflare, service seeking and a few others of that nature. I think the majority of these offer home owners free requests for quotes. So my first question is why would I pay to get a quote, I can also ring anyone on the yellow pages or local papers and get a free quote. There is nothing on your site that makes me say, pay $47.00 to get a quote.
    * I sound like a broken record, but yes you have your name listed, but I cant ring you or contact you accept by email. Sorry you just lost me as a potential client. I and a lot of other people wont deal with non Humans.
    * testimonials are good, but would you ever publish a customer complaint anyhow, and than you have them all anon, ok now I am worried.
    * A query on your process, i gather you get the request in than the system automatically sends 3 builders the quote. What personal value do you add to the process?
    * back to the testimonials (yes they bother me), these are testimonials in regards to you as a builder. Nothing to your ability to operate a business such as this, or to the quality of the builders you send through to the clients. in fact your Terms and conditions clearly absolve you from any quality in regards to the work provided, so the testimonials are meaningless. Sorry just from a potential clients point of view

Sorry went more than a couple

Bert

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    eWAY, post: 192248 wrote:
    Quick thing I noticed, on the contact page the bottom menu is full width but on the rest it’s within the central container.

Maclean

Oops … good call, that one slipped past the keeper.

Thanks, I’m onto it.

Cheers 😮

Edit: now fixed

Lindz
    Up
    bb1, post: 192254 wrote:
    Hey Lindsay,

A couple of comments.

* You will be directly competing with oneflare, service seeking and a few others of that nature. I think the majority of these offer home owners free requests for quotes. So my first question is why would I pay to get a quote, I can also ring anyone on the yellow pages or local papers and get a free quote. There is nothing on your site that makes me say, pay $47.00 to get a quote.
    * I sound like a broken record, but yes you have your name listed, but I cant ring you or contact you accept by email. Sorry you just lost me as a potential client. I and a lot of other people wont deal with non Humans.
    * testimonials are good, but would you ever publish a customer complaint anyhow, and than you have them all anon, ok now I am worried.
    * A query on your process, i gather you get the request in than the system automatically sends 3 builders the quote. What personal value do you add to the process?
    * back to the testimonials (yes they bother me), these are testimonials in regards to you as a builder. Nothing to your ability to operate a business such as this, or to the quality of the builders you send through to the clients. in fact your Terms and conditions clearly absolve you from any quality in regards to the work provided, so the testimonials are meaningless. Sorry just from a potential clients point of view

Sorry went more than a couple

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for taking the trouble. This is the sort of ‘real world’ response I was hoping for.:)

Your points are all useful and relevant and I have to say I struggled with many of those issues myself. The pros and cons of publishing the site in its current incomplete format was something else that I had to wrestle with.

This current version of the site is really just a first stage to gauge possible interest in the concept. The completed site would be much more complex and would address many of your concerns including listing my direct phone number.

No, I wasn’t planning to automate and imagined that I would be in direct contact with both the Home Owner and the three Builders involved each time. I was expecting that would be one of the things that would set this site apart.;)

All good stuff and definitely food for thought. Thanks again.

As a kind of a survey question on how Home Owners might use the site, can I ask if you used the ‘More Information for Builders Here’ link?

All best,

Lindsay

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

sure did

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

I get “This page can’t be displayed” …

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Lindsay,

Was looking forward to a look at the site, but it appears you have it down for maintenance.

Steve

Lindz
    Up

Hi Steve, Hello Craig,

Thanks for your interest and sorry to disappoint. Decided to park it for a time as I need to get the marketing of the site sorted and didn’t want to leave it hanging in the breeze in the meantime.

Link has now been removed the from the original post.

Good to hear from you,

Lindsay

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.