Home – New Forums Tech talk Video Making Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ClaireMcFee
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I enjoyed watching your video interview last week Robert and was wondering if you could give us some advice about what you use to read your intro’s (a moniter of sorts? and if so did you hire one?)

It looked so professional and as my business partners and I will be conducting interviews for our website soon any input would be appreicated.

With thanks
    Claire McFee

co-Creator Organize Your Life
    http://www.organizyeyourlife.com.au

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forums!

A good starting point is this article on our site, by Wendy Buckingham.

Good luck with the interviews.

Sam

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Claire – Great questions! We’re fortunate that we are doing our videos in association with BNET and they just happen to have a fully equipped studio. I can’t tell you what any of the equipment is as my part of the arrangement is to find the guests and handle the interviews.

I have little doubt other members of the forum will be able to assist and I’ll be sure to poke around a little when I am filming again…tomorrow as it happens.

Robert :)

skribe
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ClaireMcFee, post: 2863 wrote:
    I enjoyed watching your video interview last week Robert and was wondering if you could give us some advice about what you use to read your intro’s (a moniter of sorts? and if so did you hire one?)

I think you mean an autocue or teleprompter. You can usually hire them from studios and the hire charge normally includes an operator. Whether you can take them offsite is another matter.

Alternatively you can get your presenter to really know the script. I’d recommend a professional if you’re not already heading in that direction. They’ll usually deliver word-perfect in one or two takes instead of the forty or fifty (no exaggeration) it takes an untrained person – if they can manage it at all. Can be tough to learn to stare down the barrel of a camera, make solid eye contact the entire time and not infest the speech with umms and aahs.

Cheers,

skribe

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Claire, that was a great post! You might want to just double check your ‘signature’ though as I think there’s a small typo in your URL (http://www.organizyeyourlife.com.au/ rather than http://www.organizeyourlife.com.au/).

skribe, that’s an awesome video! Youtube gave me the irrits with its buffering, but from what I saw, I’m very impressed. By the way, what’s the music? I hope it’s something I can iTune (Hmm, I don’t think it’s made it as a verb yet, but give it time).

A memory just tweaked. Weren’t you asking for some advice on how to ramp up your website? If you did, and if you are, if you put something like that on your home page, you’ll probably have to hire someone to start sleeping for you as you won’t have enough hours in the day!

skribe
    Up
    Renee Barber, post: 4273 wrote:
    skribe, that’s an awesome video! Youtube gave me the irrits with its buffering, but from what I saw, I’m very impressed. By the way, what’s the music? I hope it’s something I can iTune (Hmm, I don’t think it’s made it as a verb yet, but give it time).
    The Apartment? The video is just something I put together to illustrate a new technology development. A hasty job. And, no, the music isn’t available on iTunes.

Quote:
    A memory just tweaked. Weren’t you asking for some advice on how to ramp up your website? If you did, and if you are, if you put something like that on your home page, you’ll probably have to hire someone to start sleeping for you as you won’t have enough hours in the day!
    No it wasn’t me and yes the video has been on my front page.
    Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up
    skribe, post: 4290 wrote:
    The Apartment? The video is just something I put together to illustrate a new technology development. A hasty job. And, no, the music isn’t available on iTunes.

No it wasn’t me and yes the video has been on my front page.

That’s a shame about the music … Now I’m also really wondering who the amazing commercial artist was who asked for feedback on their website.

Ah well, mysteries make things interesting.

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

This conversation reminds me of another recent online video.

I had occasion to look at an interview with a friend on a business site. My professional video hat was quivering a bit at the obvious echo in the room making it hard to hear the replys to questions and also that the interviewee was backed up towards an external window making her face darker then the interviewer.

I just felt I had to email and diplomatically comment that such a video doesn’t really help promotion wise. The answer I got back, although very gracious, still basically said that it was only a low key thing, but my comments would take be taken on board.

I just feel it is very important to get the look and feel of anything like this to be as professional looking as possible, and I don’t mean you have to spend a fortune on it. Just that to use someone who has the skills and knows their stuff can produce a good result on a comparatively low budget. It unsettles me no end to see a poor use of good tools.

TheCameraWoman
    Up

Hi Claire,
    If you want a professional online video within a reasonable budget, please let me know. To view some of my samples, please take a look here: http://www.mindsandpictures.com.au/xvideo.htm

Cheers,
    Michaela

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.