Home – New Forums Starting your journey Vietnamese takeaway food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    soniatakeaway
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am planning to open a Vietnamese roll takeaway. My menu include all type of meat rolls and soup. I am not sure whether I need to write a business plan and how much does it cost to set up, what I need to do? I am living in Adelaide. I figure out that I definitely need a funding.

It would be appreciated if any can help to find out

Best Regards
    Sonia

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard Sonia!

You’ll need a plan, just as you would for any important project. And if you need funding you’ll definitely need a plan to show that any money invested or lent won’t be wasted.

Good luck!

Dave

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up

Hi Sonia, the landlord will most likely to ask you for a business plan as well as the lender (bank). If you have not gone through this before, try to get in touch with your local mortgage broker who will guide you through

Have a look at Rolld (a franchise system who is doing what you are about to do), ask for a business pack or a franchise pack to know the cost involved.

Good luck

Stats_United
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Vietname Rolls are a brilliant idea. I’ve seen prices for a roll on both extreme sides of the scale. Depending on your location you can really charge a pretty penny for your rolls. In Melb CBD I’ve paid as much as $8 for a roll, where in St Albans they’ve sell for $3

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up

In CBD it is $250 per square metre (rent per landlord charge in a shopping centre) or even more if you are on the mall (Queen st Mall in Brisbane, or Perth). In addition, the bond is around 4 months instead of 2 (depends on landlord but in city, it is usually the case)
    In smaller suburb, rent is a quarter of that. How do I know? I have been there and seeing realcommercial site would give you an idea

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi Sonia,

Like Dave said it sounds like you definitely need a plan, this will help you establish a lot of details about where, when, what and how. By the sounds of it you are starting from very little experience in business, could I suggest you contact your states small business advisory service (I guess most states have one), they can often assist you with the process, including documentation giving pointers, and possibly templates, etc. Here is the link to the Victorian one, but in reality a lot of the basic info is the same across states, although food handling, and state specific stuff may vary. http://www.business.vic.gov.au/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.