Home – New Forums Find the help you need Virtual address in Canberra

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    QuantumMind
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

I’m looking for a virtual address for my business (a life coaching & training practice) in Canberra that I could register on ASIC as my official business address .

I would not use the premises at all, there would be no phonecalls or mail, no use of reception service etc.ONLY the address.

I currently have such an arrangement with a small professional practice (there can be more than one business registered on ASIC with the same address so it’s perfectly legal), however they are moving and so I need to find another friendly business that would allow me to use their address for a small fee or on a bartering arrangement in exchange for coaching (personal and leadership) to an agreed value.

There are few places like ServeCorp etc offering this kind of service, however they charge a very high monthly fee and/or ask to pay for 6 months upfront, none of which is suitable for me.

If you are a friendly small business practice in Canberra interested in the above, please send me an email to [email protected].

And..who knows, if you are a complementary business, there could be some unexpected mutual collaboration benefits as well :-)

QuantumMind
    Up

hmmm…..92 people have saw my post and not a single reply…that’s disappointing. Surely, there must be cheaper virtual address options in Canberra than a $150 / month package offered by ServeCorp…

I saw an old post by Gordon Executive Services quoting $45/month but I believe they are in Sydney.

does ANYONE have a suggestion..? :-) (other than moving out of Canberra to a bigger city, of course)….

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi QuantumMind,
    It does seem like this could be a nice little arrangement for the right business near you. Moving does seem a little extreme :)

I see there are lots of options thrown up when searching for “virtual address canberra” in Google, butas you say you’re not after all the extra services that they offer as part of the packages (reception, phone answering, mail forward etc…) – simply an address.

If no one pops up, it could be worth a call to a few of the smaller players in the virtual office space to see if they might give you a special rate for the most basic address usage?

Hopefully some of our Canberra locals might spot this in the meantime.

All the best with it.
    Peter

QuantumMind
    Up

HI Peter
    thanks for your reply.

yes, I have checked with those players already (there are only a few in Canberra), they offer only packages which are too expensive for just the use of the address, and some also require an advanced payment for 6 months, which is not suitable for me. Unfortunately, they are not flexible.

thanks

Anna

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

Thanks Anna – we’ll see if we can give this a shout out on social media to drum up some interest. I guess it’s just a matter of finding the right local business!

QuantumMind
    Up

That would be great, many thanks Peter :-)

Anna

RachelWrites
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Hi Anna,

The best way to do this is to find a cheap accountant and use their address.

Find an accountancy business in Canberra that you can sign up with to do your future tax return (won’t be required until next year) and tell them you want to put their street address as your ASIC address for mailing purposes.

They can hold your mail and you can pick it up when you need it, and they should do this for no fee at all (except the promise to use their services come tax time).

Or, you can pay them to submit the change of address form for you which should only cost $100-$200.

I always used my accountant for registered companies / businesses through ASIC.

Hope this helps :)

Rachel Writes

Goofy Smile
    Home Business Startup Coaching for Stay-at-Home Parents
    http://www.goofysmile.com.au

QuantumMind
    Up

Hi Rachel

thanks. I am pursuing this avenue too, just awaiting a reply.

I still think that a bartering arrangement for example, with another business would be a better option and of great benefit to both parties.

BTW I’m perplex why people are so reluctant to use bartering arrangements in the exchange of business services – you don’t need to be registered with one of the (very expensive) bartering websites, it is as simple as an agreement between two businesses.

Bartering is so underutilised in Australia, and yet of such tremendous value that builds both businesses with no money exchange, which is so beneficial especially in these tough economic times. It bypasses the banks, paypals, mastercards and all other financial institutions that make gazillions on money transactions while so many businesses struggle.

But that’s another story. I might write a blog on my website and an article on LInkedIn about it. I think that a cultural shift is needed for people to wake up to the fact that so much can be done without paying third parties for our transactions.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Quantum Mind,

As Peter mentioned, we put a shout out on Facebook for you about this. So far the comments made echo some of the posts here, but it may be worth your while to keep an eye on the thread anyway, just in case something extra pops up.

You’ll find it here.

All the best,
    Jayne

QuantumMind
    Up

Hi Jayne and Peter

thank you very much – I have found through your website a friendly solo business happy to do a bartering arrangement with me – a business address in exchange for coaching.

A total win-win situation with a further business potential.

I do hope that more businesses will be willing to see the value of opportunities beyond money to support each other and grow.

Thank you ! :)

Anna

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

That’s great to hear!
    Thanks for the update and glad we could help out :)
    Cheers,
    Peter

QuantumMind
    Up

Hi Peter

Regrettably, that person has changed her mind about the arrangement (don’t know why), and so my offer this stands.

Anna

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Anna,

a) Does it need to be in the ACT for any specific reason (I only have a few clients in Canberra – mainly in the fitness industry. I do, however, have a number (in addition to myself) in the surrounding NSW towns)

b) What would be the best industry to benefit from your services?

My 2c – I don’t think people necessarily have an issue with bartering…. where I live many things are done without $$ changing hands. It could have been that no one hand the relevant answer for you, therefore no responses.

Regards,

Mark

QuantumMind
    Up

Hi Mark

thanks for your reply.

How can I contact you directly?

regards
    Anna

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up
    QuantumMind, post: 203447 wrote:
    Hi Peter
    Regrettably, that person has changed her mind about the arrangement (don’t know why), and so my offer this stands.
    Anna

Hi Anna,
    That’s a shame :( Hopefully someone else pops up, like Mark!
    If you view Mark’s profile http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/members/alliedib.html, you can send a message via the forum messaging system.
    Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.