Home – New Forums Starting your journey Virtual Assistants from the Philippines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Readytolearn
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

In the process of starting my small business, and with everything else going on and sort of getting in the way of my business, I have been considering hiring a VA from the Philippines. Has anyone used these and what has been the experience. Are they trustworthy or another scam. The websites I have visited certainly make them look like life savers!

Regards,
    Olivia

SlinkyThing
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Olivia,

I’ve used sites such as elance, odesk and freelancer and there are a lot of VA’s from the Philippines on there. Some are good and some are so, so as you get anywhere.

The cost is a great benefit to many small business but the quality of the work has to be monitored. Sites like these allow you to monitor the hours and what they do. Problems can be the clients expectations (how much work should be done and how much they should be paid – or underpaid as many want to – and the level of the VA’s understanding as to what is required)

It might be having a look on these sites and check out their feedback and the clients they service.

Unsure if that’s of much help but might give you a few more ideas.

Good luck with it all.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello,

I find they are just like any other employee. You get some really good ones and others no so good, irrespective of who you use to source them.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 199211 wrote:
    Hello,

I find they are just like any other employee. You get some really good ones and others no so good, irrespective of who you use to source them.

We do work with Sharesource. Those guys have a different model, basically interview someone specific to your requirements and narrow it down to a couple. Then you skype interview them. They work only for you then.

Dearer then odesk etc. Quality is very highg, eg one of my guys is an engineer

garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    Readytolearn, post: 199161 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

In the process of starting my small business, and with everything else going on and sort of getting in the way of my business, I have been considering hiring a VA from the Philippines. Has anyone used these and what has been the experience. Are they trustworthy or another scam. The websites I have visited certainly make them look like life savers!

Regards,
    Olivia

I’m currently working with a VA from Philippines. I’m working with ernestinejasmine for a long time. She’s a managing director of Ernestine Access and her team is exceptionally great to work with in an affordable price.

https://www.freelancer.ph/u/ernestinejasmine.html

You can send her an email to [email protected]

RymSop
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Olivia,

Yes, definitely trustworthy, you just have to select carefully the best one for you. If you will use the Odesk platform, you can see ratings and feedback of their previous client,rates between 4 to 5 is the best way to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.