Home – New Forums Logistics Virtual Assistants & Importing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shane43
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Im currently looking into importing a product, well… and heres the thing, I’m looking into having someone else look into a product for me.

And by that I mean a virtual assistant company in India that, will do all my product research, source manufacturers including quotes, quanties, score cards, and more (Keep in mind this is a very simple product however it is needed in large quantities and is made by hundreds of manufactures across Asia).

They will only find products that will meet Australian Importing standards and also find the most efficent and economically vialble options for importing my selected product.

They have given a price of $760US for the project and a 40hour time limit essentially charging $19/hr.

Dose anyone have any thoughts or experience on this matter, and would you think that the information is worth that amount of money?

Thanks for any advice

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Are you a member of a Peak Industry Body in your field?

Cheers
    Corey

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Cheers
    Corey

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Hey Shane,

I’d highly recommend reading ‘The 4-Hour Work Week’ if you haven’t already – actually, even if you’ve read it, read it again! It’s primarily about outsourcing, delegating, eliminating, etc – and to do this we use Virtual Assistants. It’s well worth the read. You’ll be surprised at how much value you’ll get from this book.

Good luck Shane!

Brentis

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Hey Shane,

I’d highly recommend reading ‘The 4-Hour Work Week’ if you haven’t already – actually, even if you’ve read it, read it again! It’s primarily about outsourcing, delegating, eliminating, etc – and to do this we use Virtual Assistants. It’s well worth the read. You’ll be surprised at how much value you’ll get from this book.

Good luck Shane!

Brentis

Shane43
    Up

Thanks mate,

Yes I have read the ‘4Hour Work Week’, and try to apply a lot of its principals and methods. I’m currently reading ‘The World is Flat’ which also has a lot of good information on using VA’s.

The advise I need is whether or not this would be a good use of funds or if the particular info I seek, could be retrieved by cheaper or more efficient services.

B Cooper, post: 101790 wrote:
    Hey Shane,

Good luck Shane!

Brentis

Shane43
    Up

Thanks mate,

Yes I have read the ‘4Hour Work Week’, and try to apply a lot of its principals and methods. I’m currently reading ‘The World is Flat’ which also has a lot of good information on using VA’s.

The advise I need is whether or not this would be a good use of funds or if the particular info I seek, could be retrieved by cheaper or more efficient services.

Hey Shane,

Good luck Shane!

Brentis

Shane43
    Up

No,

Why do you ask?

Corey, post: 101775 wrote:

Cheers
    Corey

Shane43
    Up

No,

Why do you ask?

Corey, post: 101775 wrote:

Cheers
    Corey

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    Hey Shane,

I’d highly recommend reading ‘The 4-Hour Work Week’ if you haven’t already – actually, even if you’ve read it, read it again!

Brentis

Haha you guys crack me up sometimes… even though the book is good for some parts of freeing up your time etc… i wonder why the author doesnt actually use any of the tactics and is usually working 20+ hours a day…

Sounds like the guru that doesnt do what he preaches… Like many others in Australian and overseas…

For the original poster $19 dollars you can hire someone locally to do the same thing… Now you should be looking at about $8-9 for someone with good communication skills and i would not look into India i would be be looking Philippines and China.

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    Hey Shane,

I’d highly recommend reading ‘The 4-Hour Work Week’ if you haven’t already – actually, even if you’ve read it, read it again!

Brentis

Haha you guys crack me up sometimes… even though the book is good for some parts of freeing up your time etc… i wonder why the author doesnt actually use any of the tactics and is usually working 20+ hours a day…

Sounds like the guru that doesnt do what he preaches… Like many others in Australian and overseas…

For the original poster $19 dollars you can hire someone locally to do the same thing… Now you should be looking at about $8-9 for someone with good communication skills and i would not look into India i would be be looking Philippines and China.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

However you do it, you would still need to visit the country to reassure yourself of everything and to gain an on-the-ground understanding of the facilities, process, conditions etc.

Great excuse for an overseas holiday.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

However you do it, you would still need to visit the country to reassure yourself of everything and to gain an on-the-ground understanding of the facilities, process, conditions etc.

Great excuse for an overseas holiday.

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up
    Phillip P, post: 101801 wrote:

I have read this book. This book is awesome for its user because it helps you to get increase you extra income while freeing yo to do your job.

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up
    Phillip P, post: 101801 wrote:

I have read this book. This book is awesome for its user because it helps you to get increase you extra income while freeing yo to do your job.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.