Home – New Forums Get productive Virtual Assistants – yay or nay ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up
    ::

Hi
    Was wondering if anyone has used virtual assistants to help with some marketing/setup costs – such as things like formatting newsletters, letterhead, with compliements slips ?

We are looking at changing/updating some of our products and think it would be easier and quicker to outsource to a VA – but have people had success with this ?

Thanks
    Stacey & Richard

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Stacey and Richard,

It sounds to me as if you’d benefit more from the services of a Graphic Designer than a VA, unless you found a VA with a creative bent. It probably depends on the extent of the changes you plan to make.

Either way, our directory will help! http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory

Cheers,

Sam

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Thanks Sam,

We already have our design – which is realy just our business name and catch phrase and some colored lines. We don’t have a logo nor do we want one.
    We just thought it would be more cost effective and time effect to get a VA to setup a letterhead, with com slip and a newsletter format for us.
    I have never used a VA so was just trying to gauge if they are a sucess for other people.

Thank you for your response though – and I probably should have checked the directory first anyway. We are new to flying solo so still getting our head around all the options on the site !

Cheers
    Stacey

earthseacreative
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

Hi Stacey & Richard,

I’ve sent you a private message.

Cheers
    Merryn

AdminWorthy
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

HI Stacey and Richard,

I would recommend using Virtual Assistants that are based in Australia and can respond to your requirements.

I have a virtual admin support business, but we also assist businesses with other services such as design (exactly the assistance you are after), bookkeeping and social media (just to name a few) and we can offer these services at a reasonable cost.

Please feel free to get in touch with me or visit my website if you are interested in discussing further.

Regards,
    Sandra
    http://www.adminworthy.com.au
    0439 388 842

Healthy Personal Finances, post: 151689 wrote:
    Hi
    Was wondering if anyone has used virtual assistants to help with some marketing/setup costs – such as things like formatting newsletters, letterhead, with compliements slips ?

We are looking at changing/updating some of our products and think it would be easier and quicker to outsource to a VA – but have people had success with this ?

Thanks
    Stacey & Richard

Blake M
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Stacey and Richard,

I’d second Sandra in recommending an Australian-based Virtual Assistant, keeping it local often greatly assists your productivity in dealing with an assistant, if just for the time difference.

I’ve also sent you an e-mail, but I wanted to make myself known here as well – what you’ve described is well within the scope of most Virtual Assistants, and it’s a great way to experience how a VA can assist your business – especially in marketing and setup. VA’s can be a highly cost-effective and time-saving resource, not only for document formatting, but in completing admin tasks such as research, diary management, e-mail and telephone support, travel management, and more.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you require any further information or would like to discuss any of the above!

Kind regards,
    Blake.
    02 9099 0314

KellyHallVA
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Stacey and Richard,

I am a VA based in Sydney and I work with about 10 other Virtual Assistants through The Virtual Assistant http://www.virtualassistant.com.au so we will be able to match you up with an appropriate VA for your needs.

Liz is the owner and if you want to give her a call 1300 36 88 10 she can have a chat to you about what exactly you need, and the best VA for you.

Cheers,

Kelly

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up
    Healthy Personal Finances, post: 151711 wrote:
    Thanks Sam,

We already have our design – which is realy just our business name and catch phrase and some colored lines. We don’t have a logo nor do we want one.
    We just thought it would be more cost effective and time effect to get a VA to setup a letterhead, with com slip and a newsletter format for us.

Those sound like design jobs to me. So if you want to use a VA best to use one who has a graphic design skill set.

Racheal
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Stacey and Richard,

I would recommend using Virtual Assistants that are based in Australia and can respond to your requirements.

I have a virtual admin support business, but we also assist businesses with other services such as design (exactly the assistance you are after), bookkeeping and social media (just to name a few) and we can offer these services at a reasonable cost.

Please feel free to get in touch with me or visit my website if you are interested in discussing further.
    Kind Regards
    Racheal
    http://www.Boostadministration.com.au

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

VA’s typically involve quite a bit of hand holding initially.

For such a small task I doubt it would be worth worrying about?

Instead, just get your designer to create it.

I mean, a letter head and with comps slip would take me less than 15 minutes?

michnichols
    • Total posts: 236
    Up

Hi Digital Domination,
    Thought about this quote, and accept that this may be your experience.

DigitalDomination, post: 152383 wrote:
    VA’s typically involve quite a bit of hand holding initially.

However, most local virtual assistants are small business owners and administrative professionals who do not require their hands to be held. Each virtual assistant will bring their own unique set of skills, knowledge and expertise, and provide those services to small business owners who are happy to outsource.
    Kind regards
    Michelle

Josh
    Participant
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

From our experience, whether your VA is local or overseas – that it usually is not a good idea to give them anything beyond simple tasks with very specific instructions.

Obviously there are exceptions that have higher capability and capacity, but in general I find that it’s best to give straight forward tasks that are typically impossible muck up.

Also some great advise we got was to keep strict guidelines on working hours/time for VAs.

earthseacreative
    • Total posts: 96
    Up
    Healthy Personal Finances, post: 151689 wrote:
    Hi

Thanks
    Stacey & Richard

Hi Stacey & Richard,

Just checking you received my email to the address noted in your signature?

Merryn

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you have clear and simple policies, processes and procedures, then VAs are a good idea otherwise you’re going to be doing their job and your job.

Start with the processes and procedures than the rest becomes almost effortless.

BizTechspert
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi!

We have 12 VA’s that are based in either the Philippines, Brazil, Pakistan and Bangladesh. We would personally not use Australian based VA’s because they are are more expensive. We would only use an Aussie VA to do telephone calls or book keeping. I find the Philippines to be more willing to learn and far more grateful. (Our personal experience). We first send them a video or a small document that explains our business and WHY we do what we do. if there reaction is WOW, then they are hired, if they are not fussed, then we don’t hire them.. (we want someone who is PASSIONATE in what we are passionate in) We then have all of our systems recorded on video, so when we decide to hire the VA, we can put them through interactive training that doesn’t take us any more than a minute. We then place them on a 3 month trial to put those skills to the test. For a General VA (someone who does email/social media/blog posting/transcription/etc) we hire someone who is great at what they do but with little experience because they have no bad habits to break and become very loyal. That way we can train them how we would like them and include them in the companies culture. These 2 amazing people are charging us $1.5 per hour and do WONDERS for us! :)

Message me if you have ANY questions :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.