Home – New Forums Find the help you need virtual book-keeper Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LMK
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi all – can anyone can reccomend a good virtual book-keeper in SYDNEY please reccomend – AND DO NOT RECCOMEND YOURSELF THANKS! id rather peoples first hand experiences since my experience was horrible. i would like to only hear from people that are reccomending a business and not their OWN

I’ve already had a book-keeper that contacted me via PM (and finding this website FANTASTIC for information etc thought that her services were what i was looking for!). i was insearch for a virtual/offsite book-keeper that was in Sydney.I was extremely unhappy with her services.

Stating the business name is not appropriate but if you are in Sydney – contact me via PM if you would like to know who this company is.

anyway – please send me your recomendations of a good book-keeper thanks!

Accountix
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

LMK

I will follow your rules and not recommend myself. A lady that regularily attends our bookkeeper discussion group who is very clued on is Sharon from http://www.virtualbookkeeper.com.au.

She is in Brisbane but that shouldn’t make a difference if you are after a real virtual bookkeeper.

Shane Holbeck – Accountix
    http://www.accountix.com.au

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Hi Liza

May I recommend Darren from Dardee Books. He is also on these Forums and based in Sydney. His website is http://www.dardee.com.au

His specialty lies with MYOB, Quickbooks and Xero.

I refer my clients to Darren for bookkeeping services and have never had a complaint (just praise for his promptness!).

Hope that’s of help and happy to discuss over the phone if required,

Janna

strategictelemarketer
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Are you just looking for someone in Sydney, or you also consider someone offshore, then you can try TimeToOutsource. I hope this helps. :)

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Try http://www.craigslist.org you can advertize all over the world for all types of services up to a point it is free.

You can just about out source any service you want.

Make sure you have google account or something simular for your emails you can get 30 or 40 responses.

LMK
    Up
    strategictelemarketer, post: 28607 wrote:
    Are you just looking for someone in Sydney, or you also consider someone offshore, then you can try TimeToOutsource. I hope this helps. :)

have you used this company yourself…. my husband is looking into getting himself a VA to outsource some things he needs done…

Virtual Angels
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    LMK, post: 28524 wrote:
    Hi all – can anyone can reccomend a good virtual book-keeper in SYDNEY please reccomend – AND DO NOT RECCOMEND YOURSELF THANKS! id rather peoples first hand experiences since my experience was horrible. i would like to only hear from people that are reccomending a business and not their OWN

I’ve already had a book-keeper that contacted me via PM (and finding this website FANTASTIC for information etc thought that her services were what i was looking for!). i was insearch for a virtual/offsite book-keeper that was in Sydney.I was extremely unhappy with her services.

Stating the business name is not appropriate but if you are in Sydney – contact me via PM if you would like to know who this company is.

anyway – please send me your recomendations of a good book-keeper thanks!

Hi LMK,

Sounds as if you have had a terrible experience. I’m recommending you contact Virtual Angels http://www.virtualangels.com.au for your virtual book-keeper and I have broken your rule because this is my company, however, I do not perform the work, we act as brokers. Our registered book-keepers are independent contractors and come with references and high recommendations from current employers so you won’t experience the same problems.

Please give me a call if you wish to discuss further.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Caroline
    [email protected]
    0415 623 122

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    FletcherTax, post: 28545 wrote:
    May I recommend Darren from Dardee Books. He is also on these Forums and based in Sydney. His website is http://www.dardee.com.au

I’ll back this one up – Darren certainly knows his stuff! I’d recommend him.

Regards,

Jake

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

I would not be using an offshore company to find a bookkeeper – you need someone who is up to date with Australian compliance and also if you need BAS completed then as of 1st March you need to be aware that there will be many bookkeepers who will not legally be allowed to do this for you. Make sure that the person you use is a member of one of the main bookkeeping associations and check their references.

Regarding finding a VA offshore – I have used both on and offshore with mixed results – Aussie based was great – Bronwen from http://www.thevirtualassistant.com.au – offshore – depends on what you want them to do – there are good ones out there and others not so great. Bit of trial and error – start them on something short and simple first.

LMK
    Up

thanks guys for all the responses here and on the PM!!!

Got a love letter from the ATO the other week telling me that my BAS for the quarter that the “bad” book-keeper did WAS NOT LODGED!!!!! now she will not answer any of my calls or emails trying to get hold of her to find out whats going on as she told me she had lodged it!!!!!!!!!!

Accountix
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

LMK

If they are a member of any professional bodies then I would contact the professional body and express your concerns to them

Shane Holbeck – Accountix
    http://www.accountix.com.au

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Some of us actually do what we say we will.

Just out of interest, what was the hourly rate for this person?

Bookkeeping Solutions
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    Ideas Book, post: 29321 wrote:
    I would not be using an offshore company to find a bookkeeper – you need someone who is up to date with Australian compliance and also if you need BAS completed then as of 1st March you need to be aware that there will be many bookkeepers who will not legally be allowed to do this for you. Make sure that the person you use is a member of one of the main bookkeeping associations and check their references.

I second that. I have seen some TERRIBLE work done by offshore bookkeepers.

And DEFINITELY check their references…. Preferably ask for an Accountant that they have done work with that can give them a reference too.

LMK
    Up
    Dardee, post: 30376 wrote:
    Some of us actually do what we say we will.

Just out of interest, what was the hourly rate for this person?

she charged be $55/hr!!!

im so angry – i dont think there is anywhere to report her. BUT she contacted me from here – im absolutely appalled. and really really angry that someone can be so rude and have disgusting customer service.

thanks for all the reccomendations guys…. im hoping my next experience from flyingsolo is a better one.

Bookkeeping Solutions
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Under the new tax laws, I would imagine that similar to a registered tax agent, registered bas agents will be able to be complained about too.

Unfortunately the work was done before that came in, so all you can do is make sure that she does not get any more work from this site.

In future you should be able to lodge a complaint though….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.