Home – New Forums Starting your journey virtual office / 1800 number

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    yusuf
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am looking to get a virtual office to look after my bookings. I need your advice.

My question is do i use their given phone number or do i get a 1800 number and divert the calls to them.

1. Whats the Pros and Cons.
    2. Anyone use 1800 numbers before ?
    3. Any suggestions
    arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Go with 1300 or 1800 number.

1800 numbers generally cost more as you will pay for all or more of the inbound calls.

Benefits include:

– You own the number like your own domain name. Irrespective of changing offices or phone systems your same number stays with you.

– Can be smart for marketing purposes through using phone word type strategies for example.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Yusuf,

There are a number of costs, the 1800 maintenance, the inbound cost of calls (the caller doesn’t pay – you pay) and the divert cost to the call centre.

The pros are that 1800 appears national and gives the biggest impression for your business. The conns are that 1800 is the most expensive way to go about it. (except for 13xxx numbers)

You have options;
    a 1300 will cost less on both the monthly and per min inbound cost.
    a landline number will achieve the same functionality and cost less again with no inbound cost.

I am a provider of 1800, 1300 and landline numbers for diverting, if you would like to discuss I’m happy to have a chat. Phone number in the signature below.

Best of luck,

Steve

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

great advise above, you don’t mention what business you are in or what type of clients you are attracting. The reason I ask is that sometimes it looks better to have a local number rather than a number which could look like a large corporate or be based anywhere in the country.

So if you are trying to appear local, it could be better (IMO) to have a local number, and of course save on costs as well.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

LOCAL SERVICES:

I am 100% with Bert on this, if you are servicing local areas only stick with a local number that people call and book your service. Also consider website booking, I just set this up for my mum and she loves it.

EXAMPLE: This week I was trying to find an aircon servicing company to clean and service my aircons and by having a 1300 number I wasn’t sure if they serviced my area (some didn’t have areas listed on their website) A local number would have been easier.

NATIONAL SERVICES:

If you are servicing nationally then yes to a 1300 or 1800 number. Just be aware that a 1800 is more expensive and most people now don’t really care if it’s 1300 or 1800.

MAIN BENEFIT:

The key benefits of a 1300 or 1800 is the ability to move the number whenever you need to. If you get bigger you move it to your office, if you decide to get rid of the virtual office take it with you and divert to your mobile.

I have had a 1800 number for 15 years, it has traveled from WA to QLD with our offices, so that is the main benefit of this sort of number.

Hope this helps
    Cheers

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

Hi Yusuf,

Getting a virtual receptionist service to answer your incoming calls is a great idea. It means that you can get on with business and generating sales while your enquiries are being attended to.

Benefits include;
    1) Not getting distracted while you are in meetings/working on complex tasks.
    2) Calls get answered regardless of where you are or what you are doing.
    3) If you get swamped with calls then the receptionist service should have the resources to cope with all of those calls at the same time.
    4) You generally pay for what you use so it is a variable as opposed to a fixed cost.

In terms of the 1300/1800 number I would suggest getting your own 1300 and linking it to the service. That way you have the capability of taking it with you if you need to.

2nite
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

You need to ascertain what your market it for either number. 1300 & 1800 both cost money and if you’re starting out, I’d stay local.

My suggestion is to set up with a voip service which provides a local number (I use mynetfone). Use that local number and divert to your virtual receptionist. Why this way? Because you may change virtual providers down the track which means you will lose the number they give you and will need to change advertising, business cards, etc.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 240198, member: 60404 wrote:
    LOCAL SERVICES:

I am 100% with Bert on this, if you are servicing local areas only stick with a local number that people call and book your service. Also consider website booking, I just set this up for my mum and she loves it.

Hope this helps
    Cheers

Agreed if you want a local plumber, and just deal directly with them you would typically steer away from any plumber marketing via a 1300 number.

With that said if a local number is most suitable, still choose one which is portable and not tied to your location or phone company for maximum flexibility if you move.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.