Home – New Forums Tech talk Visitor on site alerts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Myparcelbox
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Just wondering if anyone has a program they use to monitor whether they have visitors on site to allow customer engagement.

Ideally looking for an icon type system that will sit on my toolbar. Am sure there must be a number out there, but apart from analytics programs which show real time traffic, I cant seem to find something appropriate.

Thanks

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

That’s an interesting idea. Unfortunately (in my opinion) the typical value of 1 visitor to your site wouldn’t be worth the distraction of such a tool.

Google Analytics (and I’m sure countless other analytics tools) all offer live data to show action on your website, however I don’t think this is useful for small scale websites.

If you want to encourage live engagement of users on your website you could think about a live chat box? That way if somebody is on your website and has a question they can engage with you in real-time.

Maybe take a look at Olark. It’s one of the more affordable and mainstream options plus it actually shows you who is on your website in real-time and allows you to reach out and chat with them.

Myparcelbox
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Thanks James

Yeah i thought it might be distracting, but I guess I thought it might be helpful to have a small icon on the toolbar even just showing some numbers which would mean I could jump onto a chat program if I had a few spare minutes.

The problem with the analytics programs is that you need to have the window open and I find it unhelpful and cumbersome when all I want to do is see there are visitors online and then initiate a conversation.

I have been using zopim but often I dont have the time to check for visitors, log in and initiate conversations and I dont want to be available to chat whenever I am online.

I’ll have a look at Olark

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.