Home Forums Get productive voice mail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eightknots
    • Total posts: 16

just wanting to see what others have done & ideas.

Its come to my attention that around 60% of potential clients that call my phone don’t leave a message for me to respond to , that a lot of potential work lost .

when i have called them back and asked answers have ranged from don’t like leaving voicemail to just moved to the next business on my list .

Have others had the same thing and what have you done to capture more of the calls , i thought of an auto text message to ask if they wanted me to call back so all the need to reply is yes ?

m.dance
    • Total posts: 17

Sorry to start with a question but do you know where they are finding your number? (Website, Facebook or flyer)

If it’s via a website or Facebook maybe encourage booking a call you could use calendly where potential clients book in a time for you to call them?

Amy1991
    • Total posts: 23
    eightknots, post: 268470, member: 116784 wrote:
    just wanting to see what others have done & ideas.

Its come to my attention that around 60% of potential clients that call my phone don’t leave a message for me to respond to , that a lot of potential work lost .

when i have called them back and asked answers have ranged from don’t like leaving voicemail to just moved to the next business on my list .

Have others had the same thing and what have you done to capture more of the calls , i thought of an auto text message to ask if they wanted me to call back so all the need to reply is yes ?

Interesting! Although I haven’t done this yet, I think it might help.

This is probably a normal messagebank, “We are currently helping other customers like yourself. Please leave your name, number and a short message and we will get back to you ASAP”

And this is offering something in return of them leaving their details:

Thank you for calling us. You have now become eligible to receive 5% because we are unable to answer this call right now. All you have to do is leave your name, contact number and a short message and one of our friendly staff will call you ASAP. Thank you for helping us serve you better :)

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641

If speaking to a real person is so valuable, minimize the chance of them going to voicemail. Divert to a person that can handle these calls or invest in a live answer service or virtual receptionist. That will bring down your loss rate by a lot.

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180

Agreed with [USER=54026]@arrowwise[/USER] – I use an answering service that helps me twofold:

1) Potential clients are greeted with a real person on the other end instead of my voicemail, preventing dropped leads.
    2) Any messages are passed on to me via email, so I can figure out if I should call them back.

As many of us know, we can get inundated with spam/scam calls since our numbers are on display.

Having the message come through on email means the “cold” call is a bit warmer since I know what it’s about before I can start a real dialogue. It also saves time sitting and listening to an entire 30 second message when I can read it in a tenth of that time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.