Home – New Forums Tech talk VOIP & Fax to email

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m in a situation currently where I have been using a serviced office. My phone and fax numbers are tied to them, so while ever I have those numbers, I’ll have to pay them each month. There’s no way I can just take over the numbers & they will always have to go through their switchboard, then be transferred to my mobile.

I have been thinking about making a break from their numbers sooner rather than later, while my client base is still relatively small. Plus I need to get another batch of business cards printed, so thought it might be a good time to change.

I had someone suggest I get VOIP and fax to email, but I’ve never looked into these before. The person who suggested it mentioned that they can be portable. I also use cable internet, so speed isn’t an issue.

So, has anyone got any feedback or suggestions regarding these?

Thanks!
    Felicity

flowinteractive
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi

I use VOIP here on an ADSL2+ connection. It works very well and means there is no line rental to pay and all local and national calls are free!

I have a 1300 number which is pointed to the VOIP number. This way if I move or change providers I simply repoint my 1300 number and nothing changes for the clients. You can get a 1300 number from as little as $5 per month with the right provider.

In terms of fax to email I have not used this, normally just get people to scan and email.

Only thing to be aware of VOIP is that some services do not work (like EFTPOS and Alarm monitoring so it is not for everyone).

Hope that helps

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi Felicity,

I too use VOIP system for my office landline and it costs me $10 per month for the service and calls. I also have it set to go to my mobile after a certain number of rings and it also has voice mail attached to it.

I’ve never had a problem with it. The web address for mine is http://www.mynetfone.com.au

I also looked into the fax to email option for a while which seemed great, but ended up with a mfc printer that has a fax option so didn’t need it.

Cheers,

Trish.

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Hello Felicity_Sapphire,

I sell 2x products which would be perfect for you, a voip line + fax to email.
    Give me a call if you would like any help, 1300 858 751.

Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies.

@Trish
    – what plan are you on with mynetphone? What hardware do you use? Also, does your MFC fax connect with your phone line, or do you have it on a separate line? (Only asking because I have a MFC but don’t use the fax function).

@David
    – I’ll have a look at the website, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.