Home – New Forums Get productive VOIP Phone System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,
    I hope this is the right place! It seemed to be to me.

Currently for my business, I just use my personal mobile phone. This is OK, however that means that I have to treat all calls as businessy due to the fact that I do use it for business. Personal calls would be answered the same way I would for business calls. I’ve been looking into some solutions to overcome this issue, and none have really perked up. I live with my parents, so using the land line phone would be a no-go.

I’ve looked at VOIP solutions and Dodo seems to have an OK deal, https://connectto.dodo.com/voip/

$5 a month plus phone calls made, = not a very expensive bill!

Is anyone using a basic VOIP system for their business? Any recommendations?

Regards

Paul Warren
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Buy a second mobile phone and give out that number.

Or, get a 1300 number, and divert it based on your operating hours.

Joel Krause
    Up

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.
    I had already thought of getting another mobile however, that would become quite cumbersome and expensive, given I would have to buy a new phone, or go on a plan, and therefore have 2 plans to pay for.

I also did think of a 1300 number, that still might be an option. I’d want something to be able to contact clients on as well though, that isn’t my mobile.

I’ll have to have a think about it all. Actually, now that I think of it, it’s pointless me asking this because I just remembered I had 1000 business cards printed with my mobile number on them. :p So I guess I’m stuck using this number for business!

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Joel,

I can help you out.

We can give you a low cost solution like dodos. Ours starts at $0 a month + calls depending on your exact needs. From there the skies the limit to a full featured Cloud PBX solution only costing you $22 a month and $55 setup with an IP phone included.

Best place to start is a phone call.

Please call us, you can ask for Gizmo at:
    1300 887 863

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Joel,

I can recommend our system, it does exactly what your talking about. Plus you know when each call is a business call.

Steve

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Having used Skype for the last couple of years (diverted to my mobile and also via a 1300 for Australian callers), I just switched to Netphone via Westnet. It’s more reliable (I had a few problems with Skype dropping out and also taking ages to redirect the calls), plus our mobile coverage is terrible here and so having calls diverted to my mobile is impossible. It’s $10 a month, and you can use it to make free local and national calls. I’m already a Westnet customer, not sure if you need to have their broadband to do this, but maybe worth a look :)

http://www.westnet.com.au/phone/netphone-voip/

LisaK
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

Hi we use a VOIP System through IInet. We find it works well and we can keep out landline separate with it’s original number. The Voip number is a local number the calls are cheap in most cases free. We did need to do a bit of tweeking with IINET to stop a lag that was occurring but once that was all ironed out we have had no trouble.
    Hope that helps

Joel Krause
    Up

Thanks for your suggestion guys. I looked into Divert to Mobile before but it was going to be quite pricey due to the fact I wanted a local number.

Westnet and iiNet require you to have broadband with them so that’s out of the picture too.

I guess now I’m just trying to find solutions for when I expand later on down the track – Who knows, I might be able to spend a few hundred bucks a month on a Telstra digital package. :p

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    Joel Krause, post: 149594 wrote:
    Thanks for your suggestion guys. I looked into Divert to Mobile before but it was going to be quite pricey due to the fact I wanted a local number.

Westnet and iiNet require you to have broadband with them so that’s out of the picture too.

I guess now I’m just trying to find solutions for when I expand later on down the track – Who knows, I might be able to spend a few hundred bucks a month on a Telstra digital package. :p

Hello Joel,

We can help you now and as you expand. With our solutions you only need to pay as you grow. There is no need to forecast, i.e. you don’t pay for a 20 handset phone system now because you think that’s how many people you expect to have in 2 years.

We are also “Internet agnostic”, so you can use us on any Internet connection you like be it in Australia or around the world.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Joel Krause, post: 149594 wrote:

Hi Joel,

I would like to clarify the rates as I believe they are not pricey. Seen here.

The standard rate is $10 per month. This rate is only possible as we bulk order numbers. In your situation you asked for a number in Gippland of which we dont have any numbers. So a special order would need to be placed for this so we wouldnt achieve the price breaks of a bulk rate to pass the savings on to you. Hence the $10 surcharge.

Kind regards,

Steve

easypeas
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Joel, I actually just put up a blog on using a voip system for small businesses – http://www.easypeas.com.au/blog/voip-over-standard-phones/

The cheapest option I’d recommend is to setup a voip plan with a DID (this is a landline number). You can then redirect this number to go straight to your mobile. Mynetfone have an awesome whirlpool deal for $5 / year. https://www.mynetfone.com.au/whirlpool/VoIP/Plans

For a DID, you can choose a number that is either Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane etc with Mynetfone. If you want more regionalised than this, you’ll have to sign up for a plan with someone else instead. Faktortel can give you a more regionalised number (ie, to the suburb level in most cases) for $3 / month, which again you can redirect straight to your mobile. Still pretty cheap!

I hope that helps.
    Gav

Blake M
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

I don’t know if I’d recommend them for business, but you can get a DID almost anywhere for $15 for 3 years through PennyTel and then either set it up with a SIP desk phone, forward it to your mobile, or install something like Groundwire as an app so your calls are separated (I use Groundwire on my iPhone for when I’m travelling or away from my desk so I don’t miss business calls and still have access to my normal number for outgoing calls).

A warning on PennyTel – sometimes you’ll just lose service, and their customer support can be lacking (hence my warning on using them for business) as they’re more a discount personal-use sort of company.

Also, with most 1300 numbers, you can set it so all forwarded calls come from one number, so you could save “Business Call” as a contact in your phone and when that popped up you’d know how to answer. You lose the callers actual caller ID though. I know Telecube can do this – I’m sure others, such as Steve from DivertToMobile here, can do the same.

If you were looking at a proper hosted PBX solution and not just a number (so queues, IVR’s, voicemail, conference calls, etc) I’d recommend Digital Hybrid and their ezyPBX deal – it starts at 29.99/mth + calls and that would do everything you need. Customer support is awesome and the uptime is great, it’s been down I think once in almost 4 months with them, and that was on a Saturday night, and Kerry replied to my e-mail almost immediately.

Joel Krause
    Up

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! Much appreciated. It’s all being stored in my FYI folder! Really I don’t think I can justify spending more money on a phone which may not be used all that often. Perhaps in the next year or so I can look into have a dedicated business phone.

Cheers

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

I guess tricky thing is the point you make about the mobile phone number printed all of your business cards – you would need to go for a transition of a number somehow which is something to consider carefully.

What about an upgrade of your mobile handset to a dual SIM card, and then change your personal mobile number to a new one? Could be pricey re: new handset I guess so maybe worth going the business phone number thing anyway.

Maybe a growth thing, so when the business is ready for the upgrade and cost…

Joel Krause
    Up
    AGMBris, post: 149659 wrote:
    I guess tricky thing is the point you make about the mobile phone number printed all of your business cards – you would need to go for a transition of a number somehow which is something to consider carefully.

What about an upgrade of your mobile handset to a dual SIM card, and then change your personal mobile number to a new one? Could be pricey re: new handset I guess so maybe worth going the business phone number thing anyway.

Maybe a growth thing, so when the business is ready for the upgrade and cost…
    I’ve already had to change my number once which my clients didn’t really like, but that was totally out of my control. For now, while it’s a pain in the rear, I’ll just keep my mobile for business + personal and look into something else further on down the track.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.