Home – New Forums Get productive VOIP Phone System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Trent
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    ::

Hi Joel – this post is shameless plug free ;)

Joel Krause, post: 149516 wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.
    I had already thought of getting another mobile however, that would become quite cumbersome and expensive, given I would have to buy a new phone, or go on a plan, and therefore have 2 plans to pay for.
    Pennytel – they have $25 deposit $0 plans perfect for receiving only

BUT your question was about voip and guess what? Pennytel again – you can get one for $0 and 1c/minute call rates or $5/month with loads of extras (plus you won’t get stuck with the Dodo levels of “service”…)

I also did think of a 1300 number, that still might be an option. I’d want something to be able to contact clients on as well though, that isn’t my mobile.
    Don’t terminate a 1300 number to a mobile phone unless you like big bills – butttt terminate to a VOIP number and you can then forward TO your mobile very cheaply hehehe ;)

I’ll have to have a think about it all. Actually, now that I think of it, it’s pointless me asking this because I just remembered I had 1000 business cards printed with my mobile number on them. :p So I guess I’m stuck using this number for business!
    (I’m putting on my best tsk tsk face here ;) )
    C’mon…. never limit yourself to previous mistakes – you’re a web developer, so you already know the limitations of people allowing themselves to be stuck with a @bigpond or @dodo email address on their stationary.

Don’t let a $70 business card decision rule months of your communication budget…

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello,

I see quite a few posts here regarding low cost DIDs.
    Please note low cost DIDs can having the following issues:
    1) They are not portable, i.e. you may not be able to keep it if you move to another telco.
    2) To make them cheap providers share capacity. This means your number may be engaged even if you are not taking a call.
    3) No business grade SLA is tied to the service

Low cost DIDs are ok for home.

I do not recommend them for business.

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

Just a little update guys, I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for a voip service, I decided to go through Engin.

They have a 30 day trial, if I’m not happy just return it within 30 days and pay for what I used. Seems okay! Anyway, I decided to get a number for really 1 reason, I’m back to using a biz name and want something that outlays a level of professionalism. I think I’ll thank myself for doing it.

It’s a bummer they don’t have my area code thingy 5622/23/24, instead I’m stuck with a 5611 number, but oh well, I may consider a 1300/1800 number down the track.

ark8architects
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

For what it’s worth, I have signed up to both Pennytel and MyNetFone (for backup reasons) for voip phone services with DIDs. It has worked a treat thus far. The ability to carry my DID on my mobile (using a smartphone voip app called CsipSimple) and using my voip service on my mobile is invaluable and very cost-effective.

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    ark8architects, post: 153364 wrote:
    For what it’s worth, I have signed up to both Pennytel and MyNetFone (for backup reasons) for voip phone services with DIDs. It has worked a treat thus far. The ability to carry my DID on my mobile (using a smartphone voip app called CsipSimple) and using my voip service on my mobile is invaluable and very cost-effective.
    I’ve also signed up with PennyTel, they seem very reasonable. I’m hoping to cancel my Engin service, I ordered it over a week ago and still no word on my order. Useless!! PennyTel will be cheaper, and hopefully a little better, too.
    Gizmo
    Up
    ark8architects, post: 153364 wrote:

CSipSimple is a VERY good app for Android well picked.
    We have many customers using it.
    You mention having a backup. Please note this is not always required, it depends on the provider you choose. For example our whole system has multiple levels of built in redundancy.

If you are having problems getting local number we can help as we can provide numbers from just about any exchange in Australia. We can also provide numbers from most cities around the world.

Cathy@Two10
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Joel,

I set up a landline via Skype – it costs about $29 every 3 months to keep the number active, and you can get your calls diverted to your mobile or landline. Or, just stay logged in to your Skype account to receive those phonecalls on your Smartphone.

I use it to call clients in the US, and the rates are really cheap. An hour call costs only 20c or so.

It also really works if you travel a lot. You can be in another country, and your clients can call the Skype number (a local call for them), and speak to you wherever you are.

Hope that helps!

Cheers.
    Cathy

Gizmo
    Up
    Cathy@Two10, post: 157032 wrote:
    Hi Joel,

I set up a landline via Skype – it costs about $29 every 3 months to keep the number active, and you can get your calls diverted to your mobile or landline. Or, just stay logged in to your Skype account to receive those phonecalls on your Smartphone.

I use it to call clients in the US, and the rates are really cheap. An hour call costs only 20c or so.

It also really works if you travel a lot. You can be in another country, and your clients can call the Skype number (a local call for them), and speak to you wherever you are.

Hope that helps!

Cheers.
    Cathy

Hello,

We have a comparable service.
    An AU number will cost your $5.50 per month.
    Calls to AU landlines are 10cents untimed.
    Calls to AU Mobiles are 16.5 cents per minute
    Calls to the US with would be 1.65c per minute.

You can use our service from a computer, smartphone, tablet, normal phone, voip modem, IP Phone, even as a calling card if you want, the list goes on.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Cathy,

All that and more can be achieved through local providers, in many cases more cost effectively and in most cases with better customer service. Beyond that OS providers are not subject to the same regulations as the local ones least of which fair trading.

I have had several customers come to use from skype, In every case they tried to move their number away and skype refused to let it go. That can never happen with a locally regulated provider.

Steve

Gizmo
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 157183 wrote:
    Hi Cathy,

All that and more can be achieved through local providers, in many cases more cost effectively and in most cases with better customer service. Beyond that OS providers are not subject to the same regulations as the local ones least of which fair trading.

I have had several customers come to use from skype, In every case they tried to move their number away and skype refused to let it go. That can never happen with a locally regulated provider.

Steve

Further to that I believe it shows they aim their service for home users not business.

The problem ACMA face in enforcing local legislation is that the internet breaks down those international/local barriers so overseas companies can easily supply services if they wish.

However some companies do their homework to ensure they can deliver a proper service to people overseas. For example MondoTalk does. We provide numbers globally and we comply with porting and other requirements. For example supporting E911 for US residents.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

I just changed over to TPG from fonality. https://www.iinet.net.au/business/small/bizphone/

Changeover was awesome. The new hardware is much better too.

Pin Payments
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

We use https://aircall.io/ and highly recommend it

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.