Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events WA Soloist Catch Up?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    None
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

A re any of the WA people willing to catch up for a coffee and a ‘get to know you’ chat?

I think that it would be good to do this and see how it goes.. maybe we could make it a regular thing?

Rhia

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

There’s a couple groups that are more IT-based that are doing this that I know of. Port 80 is the forum for heavy-duty propellerheads that has a beer and pizza night the first Wednesday of every month and usually a coffee get-together the following Thursday morning for everybody that can’t get out on Wed Nights.

http://forums.port80.asn.au/showthread.php?t=13170

I don’t see one for the coming month, they seem to be a bit of here and there, but there’s coffee and networking to be done if you’re interested in just about anything web.

None
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Cool thanks for the heads up, I will check it out :-)

Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up

C’mon WA soloists!
    If it involves a cuppa and cake, count me in Rhia :)

Do we have a couple more to join us for a cuppa and cake?

Adele
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I would be in on it.

Jill
    Up

Excellent Adele :)

C’mon Perth people… waiting for some fine weather are we?

Just do it!

Just a couple more and we’ll set a day/place, see if we cant get some motivation happening!

ecopal
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Expressing my interest. I love coffee too.

KrystalCastle
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I’d definately be up for it…. always looking to meet new people, especially people flying solo, like me!

Just let me know when and where…

Cheers,
    Krystal

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Seriously short notice, but I just saw this:
    http://forums.port80.asn.au/showthread.php?t=13448

Jill
    Up

:) ah yeah tis slightly. Im on my way into town now but wont be able to make this one. We’ll make a day/place very soon… any suggestions?

Im just hanging out for some nice weather!

KrystalCastle
    Up

Any news on catching up?

Anyone come up with any suggestions yet?

Well, keep me posted, if at all possible…

Cheers,
    Krystal

Jill
    Up

ooo I feel some chocolate hedgehog slice coming on… or maybe a caramel slice mmm

lets make it next week? I havent been in Perth too long, so can someone suggest a nice cafe that has a decent range of delicious cakes?

Cuppa, cake, and chat, lets say Tuesday or Thursday? 10am? Where? Vic Park cafe strip? Scarbs? Maybe up in the hills…?

KrystalCastle
    Up
    Jill, post: 15095 wrote:
    ooo I feel some chocolate hedgehog slice coming on… or maybe a caramel slice mmm

lets make it next week? I havent been in Perth too long, so can someone suggest a nice cafe that has a decent range of delicious cakes?

Cuppa, cake, and chat, lets say Tuesday or Thursday? 10am? Where? Vic Park cafe strip? Scarbs? Maybe up in the hills…?

Mmmm…. Now you’ve got me drooling!! There is a cafe in Subiaco, Next to the trainstation – in where woolsworth is… Its called Cafe Cafe. They have an upstair area… not many people realise its there, but its great. Instead of sitting in uncomfortable chairs, they have couches – Or you used to anyways, last time I was there! :)

I am not sure about the cakes, but I am sure they would have good ones. I know they have nice gourmet grilled turkish breads/ paninis and all that jazz…

Would somewhere like that be a good place to go??

As for a day and time, I would prefer later in the morning around lunch or arvo, if at all possible – I would have to come from Baldivis and traffic heading into town in the morning is absolutely ridiculous!! But -Thursday sounds great!

Cheers,
    Krystal

Jill
    Up

aaargh I was half way through posting yay lets lock it in, but I have an all day appointment next Thurs the 8th, so no can do, sorry. Bummer and I wont be far from there either :(
    I can do Tuesday, Wed or Friday of next week?

KrystalCastle
    Up

Okay – Well shall we make it the friday? Give the rest of them time to see if they wanna come…. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.