Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Wall Expressions says “Hello”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    WallExpressions
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’ve been a member of Flying Solo for a few weeks now while I was starting my business and have finally found a minute to introduce myself. My name is Ute and I am 28 years of age.. I have sort of built my career around the thought of “one day, I’ll have my own business”… and, well, due to some unexpected circumstances (and an employer going bankrupt), I started a few years earlier than I had originally planned – and here I am in the final stages of setting up my wall decal business.
    I feel that I still have a long way ahead of me trying to get the business up and running successfully – but the amount of things I have already learnt and am learning everyday is just incredible. And most importantly: I’m having the time of my live!

I think my biggest struggle will be to get my business “out there” and I am rigerously learning about things like SEO and “inexpensie” marketing ideas, as most of you would probably also experience that money is scarce when starting out.

Feel free to have a look at my little treasure page. As I said, it’s only been online for a month now and I am only at the very beginning. But any feedback would be highly appreciated… http://www.wallexpressions.com.au

I look forward to chatting with and hearing from the people in this forum and the Flying Solo Page. I have already gotten so much out of this page – keep up the good work!

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Welcome Wall Expressions ,

Had a look at the website and liked it and your products very much. I have never before heard of the things you sell but I can see how you can make a wall different :)

In regards to inexpensive marketing, why don’t you contact interior designers and maybe furniture stores and see if you can promote your products with them?

Also I think that you can sell products through Facebook but I’m not sure.

If you need any marketing design for brochures, business cards, flyers – I know of a very good designer.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ute,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for your kind feedback about the site.

You have some fun products there – I hope you pick up plenty of tips around here and that your business turns out to be a huge success for you.

Best wishes,
    Jayne

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is your name Ute or just a nickname?

Wish you all the best setting up the business, don’t forget to stop back in and ask questions when you’re stuck ;)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Great products !!

I love your use of images on your site…they show your products really well !!

Wendy :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Ute,

Welcome to the forum.

Steve

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Hey Ute, welcome to the forums.

I had purchased some re-stickable wall decals from a competitor of yours and they arrived last week.

They had larger range, but prices are two-three times yours. Their genres were completely different. We purchases some colorful fun butterflies to decorate a wall.

The decals I got were ‘peel and stick’ based application and not transfer-based as your sites application guide for the Vinyl type shows. (I see now you also have peel and stick)

I remember playing with transfer that apply like yours when I used to make models and remember you had to be reasonably skillful to apply without any issues.

Regarding your site & products, again the prices seem great to me. i’d pay another $10 on your average base fee.

Site feel: I’d prefer a more fun focused theme but I am a bit quirky :)

Good luck,

Robbie

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Welcome to the forums. Wasn’t able to look at your site as it says that it is down for maintenance but best of luck with your venture. I hope it proves to be a fruitful one.

WallExpressions
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Robby,
    Thanks for your feed-back. In regards to the pricing, I actually read on quite a few posts here on flying solo that an important step of getting a higher conversion rate in your store is to include shipping into your pricing. I’ve now done this over the last couple of days. But pricing for my products are still very competitive. :)

On another note, I appreciate your feed-back on making the site more funky, and I definitely need to include more “fun” bits – so I’m just getting my head around website programming… :)
    Thanks again for the feed-back!

Cheers,
    Ute (yes, that’s my real name)

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi Ute

The site looks great, the first impressions were warmth and creativity. I like the products you offer and could see them selling to business or home and be a social media marketing avenue or to business fit outs as well. Very interesting.

I would think Social media would be a great avenue for you because the word would spread quickly with this type of emotive product, so FB, Twitter, Youtube which I noticed you have begun also.

Tip: add you signature to this FS account too.

So include you website etc, maybe look at starting a blog personally to extend your SEO field. But yes SEO is a complex topic and ever changing.

Good luck, look fwd to see how it progresses for you.

Leslie Yu
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Ute,

The simple design and layout of your website makes it easy to navigate around so I personally would keep the minimalist design. Also, it helps to focus my attention on your pretty design photos. From your website, I’m getting a clean & sophisticated image so adding extra “fun bits” to make it more funky might detract from this.

I agree with AGMBris on using social media and would recommend using Pinterest. It’s a great avenue to showcase photos, especially of your beautiful designs.

Just wondering, do you have an option to personalise the decals? eg. using a predesigned wedding themed wall decal but adding a personalised wedding date or message. It could make a great wedding anniversary present.

Best of luck! I look forward to hearing more about how you go. :)
    Leslie

earthseacreative
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

Welcome Ute!

I too have launched a business in the past month or so – Earth & Sea Consulting. I’ve just followed your Facebook page :-)

With respect to cost effective marketing solutions, I’ve fallen in love with MailChimp for newslettters. Also leverage off your Facebook site and the page Business Boosting Shout Outs.

There’s a business networking site I came across recently that has a plethora of free resources to do with start up businesses and marketing plans. The URL and name evades me right now, but if you email me I can send you the documents I downloaded. Or a link to them if the forum prefers this method of info sharing!

Wishing you a bright future Ute! Following a passion and dream is the best way to be successful :)

Do you need print collateral designed? I have a passion and talent for design :)

Kind regards
    Merryn Padgett
    Founder & Virtual Personal Assistant
    Earth & Sea Consulting
    [email protected] | http://www.earthandsea.com.au
    http://facebook.com/EarthSeaConsulting

Merryn Padgett
    Founder & Virtual Personal Assistant
    Earth & Sea Consulting

[email protected] | http://www.earthandsea.com. au

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

The site is very nice and some of the prints are so pretty :)! Good luck on your store and keep sharing your experiences :)

Thanks for reading,

Wendy
    Co-founder of SavvySME

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.