Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Wanting to start a children’s clothing store online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    crazysarz
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    i’m looking into starting a children’s online clothing store. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with DHgate and if they have any good and/or bad experiences with them at all?
    Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I have just started a family so i’m trying to do something on the side to bring in some extra money.
    Thank you in advance :-)
    Sarah

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Sarah

And welcome..

May i applaud your research and questioning of a potential new supply channel, i must say it may also pay to google reviews on DHGate as well a there appear to be mixed reviews (as there are with many things though) from people buying from them.

If you are looking at clothing have you also considered buying locally (wholesalers or direct importers of items you were considering) which may allow you to keep your import costs down and not having to order MOQ’s of certain items. Clothing can become awkward with stock as you need to order minimums on items + sizes + colours + etc etc which can add up quickly to your initial outlay.. Not that i have brought in clothes, so hopefully some more expert advice will pop along shortly as well.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hello Sarah,

Welcome to the forums, it’s good to have you here.

I agree with Jason that it pays to research thoroughly before proceeding with ordering. With regards manufacturers, there may be some useful contacts in our directory.

I hope you benefit from your time on the forums!

Sam

ColourandCode
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Congrats on taking the plunge! I’ll be looking forward to any interesting responses as I’m curious about how purchasing wholesale for an online store exactly works. All seems very confusing to mere Web Designer ;)

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the start up!
    Not sure about DH Gate, but I’m a definite online shopper at kids stores :)
    Look forward to seeing what you create.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Sarah

Yes mixed reviews on DHgate plus there is a lot of their stuff on ebay at the wholesale prices.

What type of store are you going to be? This answer should ultimately decide where you are going to source your product from.

Remember you need to have a point of difference.

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi Sarah,
    I have not used DH Gate but I have been in the Apparel industry for 20+Years.

Depending on your objectives with product, point of difference, quality, price, quantities etc…..This will all determine where to find an appropriate source of supply.

Its a very competitive segment so a strong point of difference is key.

Thoroughly research all options so you can make well informed decisions.
    This includes Sourcing, Product Development, Finance, Sales & Marketing.

Do you have a business plan?

Warm Regards
    Elizabeth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.