Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Wanting to start a Funky, affordable Plus Size online store/ Facebook Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GemmaForsythe
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all :)

My gorgeous Mum and I have always had an idea to start an affordable, stylish, “hip” plus size brand/ online store in the fashion industry. We have some amazing ideas, Im a youth worker and 23years old, and mum (49years) and dad have a very successful construction business- but when it comes to wholesalers & starting up etc WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START OR WHAT TO DO?

We find that the plus size stores in Australia are incredibly overpriced, and why shouldn’t there be a “Valleygirl” for plus sized women? Stores such as Valleygirl, Temt, sportsgirl etc offer stylish and the “new trend” clothes at an incredibly cheap price..so why cant we make one for plus sizes?

We are looking for some guidance on finding local wholesalers. We have researched for a few months and know that we aren’t really interested in wholesalers from China etc because of the Australian standard sizes. We want to give our customers high quality, affordable and trendy clothes that can be worn by women of ALL AGES! We would much rather support local designers/wholesalers if this will be at all possible for what we are looking at stocking.

If anyone has any suggestions, this would be HUGELY appreciated!
    Thanking you in advance,

Gemma & Jo :)

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Gemma & Jo, there are too many answers and not enough questions here to know where to start. I guess finding a supplier is the first start. You could try some fashion designers or boutiques and get some industry knowledge.

I would recommend your write a business plan which will help you to answer a lot of the questions you need to answer.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Gemma and Jo

This market is demanding of modern and fashionable clothing – If you could collaborate with a designer this would be amazing.

I have worked with someone who was a plus size designer but the costs of producing the collections proved quite prohibitive for her.

There is a lot to do but if you can have amazing design the followers will come. Put a shout out to a designer or perhaps you could do this yourself, get patterns made and then go to production.

The world is your oyster.

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi and welcome
    I think the first step would be finding a supplier. I agree with MissSassy – if you found a designer to collaborate with that would be amazing!
    Second step would probably be setting up a good website.
    Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.