Home – New Forums Starting your journey Wanting to take control

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    OneThree
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone,

Im a 26 year old from New Zealand Who is packed full of ideas but is not surrounded by anyone who is able to help with answers to the questions i have nor help me find the right path.
    So here i am prowling the interweb on the hunt for like minded people.

Current idea:
    I have found a really good product that is produced in USA but would do really well in the nz & au markets and i want to get it her and try get it supplied in some of or hardware stores (big picture ideally stocked in Bunnings and mitre 10) i have been a builder for the last 7+ years (with a underling strong passion for marketing and business) and know all the ins and outs of the industry and with this product not only would it save you $ on the job but also save you time and we all know that equates to $ at the end of the day.
    i have searched the nz and au markets for a similar product or the same product but to no avail leaving this as an untapped opportunity and i want to get my fingers in there first.

Questions:

1. I have no import licenses nor do i have any other credentials apart from my carpentry qualifications. would anyone know of any requirements i am needing?

2. is it even possible to import a product become the sole middle man between the manufactures and supplier and scalp a few cents off the top of the transactions?

3. i have contacted the manufacturer regarding their pricing, availability, and delivery and have not yet had a response do should i continue to email until i receive a response?

4. should I approach suppliers? i am have a fear that due to me not inventing or producing the product that the suppliers may go direct to the manufacturer

Thank you to all who took the time to read and answer my query’s I’m just a young gun finally trying to take the steps to further my knowledge into an area that actually brings me happiness and not just money.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

One idea I have is to research building products distributers and ask them.

You’ll probably find some of the medium and up sized retailers do some of their importing so they would have some good info if you can find it.

Cheers
    ~Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.