Home – New Forums Logistics Ways to send lightweight products to your customers? Help and advice welcome!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fi_harry
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All.

I am about to go live with my e-business which is essentially a clothing store. :)

I have the concept, the webpage, the product all ready to go, however I am wanting some advice in regards to posting, couriers, ect.

Namely, what is the best and most economical way to send small and lightweight items to customers interstate? For example, I will be packaging a blouse from my business address in sydney to a customer who lives in Melbourne….

Is Australia post the way to go? Should I get insurance? Do I physically TAKE the packaged blouse into an Aussie Post outlet to post? Or should I just ring up a courier company?

Any advice, particularly from someone in the same line of business would be a godsend.

Thank you!

sammyboy
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

We have mucked around with many couriers in our e business – aust post, fastway, AAE

Express post
    Advantages:
    Can post in your local yellow bin up to 6.00pm – great for overnight delivery
    Disadvantages:
    You have to make a trip to the Post box
    Lost shipments – difficult to track and trace – have to ring 131818 and plead your case
    You need label making system for professional look – cost

Fastway
    Advantage
    Cheap
    Disadvantage
    You have to buy many books of pre paid tickets
    At the mercy of the franchise owner – some good, some bad, unreliable
    Delayed tracking system – can track only when parcel delivered

The one i would recommend is AAE Australian Air Express

Advantage
    Provide you with booking/Label software (windows or web based)
    Provide you with bags (1Kg and 3 kg) – free
    Provide you with a label maker – free
    Provide you with lables – free
    Will pick up at a predefined time each day
    Send manifest via software – then bill you once a month
    Online, real time tracking system – booking software can even email your customer with tracking number
    Cheaper than express post
    Overnight delivery to most places in Aus
    Signature required for delivery, although can have authority to leave stickers

Disadvantage..none at the moment.

Austpost have an eparcel system that we thought about but delivery slow compared to AAE.

hope this helps..

fi_harry
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thank you for your advice Sammy! I’ll have a look into them. :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Courier would be too expensive. Stick with aust post and forget about the insurance thing if the item is not pricey. You can get those 3kg or less bags that will post anywhere in oz for around $9.

tBa
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Toll Priority are a tad more expensive but offer good service with a track and trace system, insurance, the drivers are not employee’s but contractors who care about your freight. AAE are also quite good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.