Home – New Forums Tell me straight… We just raised $250 000 for our start up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Thomadatank
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Ok so after a long period of fund gathering/ building a team/ Talking to wealthy business associates. We got around $250 000US cash to start our next project. After a heavy consultation and idea testing phase. This is what we decided on.

1ST IDEA: Interactive live chat / video streaming platform where

–>Nominated peers can get into a dual mode or team mode on any topics such as intellectual / technology / etc via video streaming.
    –>Live spectators can watch and give thumbs up / upvote / tokens to duelist whenever they like.
    –>We will have businesses sponsor the live stream. Our theory is business will have perfect target market eg: A football game discussion between two people that has spectators and their business will be listed as sponsors.

As business owners, would you guys love not using this service to advertise your product ?

NOTE: Still at the testing phase so there are still a lot of iteration to go through

RoseC
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

Congrats! That’s a nice way to end the week.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

[USER=84199]@Thomadatank[/USER] Wow, that is a huge win.

Congratulations!

Precise Tax Solutions
    Participant
    • Total posts: 172
    Up

You raised $250k without a solid idea/business plan?

Thomadatank
    Up

Absolutely – the team of 6 have decades of tech experience each – initial backers know our capability. A talented team can always iterate – go lean and move forward. The focus is going lean – testing water with small resources first and execute quick on a viable idea. And no we don’t waste time planning the business as we all know the plan get thrown away the moment the idea hits the market.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

If I can suggest…

Are you sure that the small business owners on FS are the type of businesses you want to target?

If so, you urgently need someone to help you turn your techno-speak into meaningful benefits that the small business owners here can understand.

I admit I don’t understand your concept. It sounds like you are jumping into the world of big data and tracking everyone’s interests.

If so, I personally hope the world of tracking all our Internet activity and interest is killed by the EU and other world-wide regs that are likely to be implemented. I find what Facebook, Google and the other social media has been doing to manipulate us is abhorent. I’ve now cancelled my subscriptions to everything I possible can.

I hope the world is going to take pause to reflect on the incredible damage that the Silicon Valley disruption theory has done to so many of us.

Thomadatank
    Up
    JohnW, post: 259755, member: 6375 wrote:
    If I can suggest…

Are you sure that the small business owners on FS are the type of businesses you want to target?

If so, you urgently need someone to help you turn your techno-speak into meaningful benefits that the small business owners here can understand.

I admit I don’t understand your concept. It sounds like you are jumping into the world of big data and tracking everyone’s interests.

If so, I personally hope the world of tracking all our Internet activity and interest is killed by the EU and other world-wide regs that are likely to be implemented. I find what Facebook, Google and the other social media has been doing to manipulate us is abhorent. I’ve now cancelled my subscriptions to everything I possible can.

I hope the world is going to take pause to reflect on the incredible damage that the Silicon Valley disruption theory has done to so many of us.

Appreciate your concern and feedbacks are definitely taken onboard..
    On one hand I fully respect your decision and wishes to keep your information private and that is absolutely one of the fundamental rights we deserve and everyone must respect those wishes..It was a fair and good decision for you to cancel any services you do not wish to share your information with, the problem is people want their cake and eat it too. That means they want their information remain private but also having free access to different services because internet magically run itself with no cost incurred by companies running such operation…

You are the products if its free to use..just like Facebook / Google / Twitter / Pinterest and so on…Choose carefully

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Thomadatank, post: 259756, member: 84199 wrote:
    You are the products if its free to use..just like Facebook / Google / Twitter / Pinterest and so on…Choose carefully

Anyone who thinks it’s free to use is just bonkers. Why would anyone be running a service if there is not an ultimate goal of making money.

Even being an unpaid member here is not free.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    bb1, post: 259757, member: 53375 wrote:

Translation: Anyone who contributes for “free” here is technically either the product for Flying Solo (receiving paid ads) or working as slave labour (posting despite the opportunity cost of doing so).

;)

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
    LukeHally
    • Total posts: 150
    Up
    Thomadatank, post: 255178, member: 84199 wrote:
    As business owners, would you guys love not using this service to advertise your product ?

Well done on the raise! I’ll looking at raising some funds atm. I don’t advertise myself, but from the discussions I’ve had with small business owners, they use a service which takes care of ad placements/retargeting etc. So pay a company and they will place it on the google ad network/socials etc. Maybe the businesses that take care of the ad placements are a good place for you to investigate?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Anyone who thinks it’s free to use is just bonkers. Why would anyone be running a service if there is not an ultimate goal of making money.

Free: ‘not having to hand over money to use’ if you hand over money it is not free. Sure you may have you data stolen and served ads, but st

Do you pay money to use this site Bert? I don’t. Being the product and actively handing over money are two seperate things. This website is free. Yes they are using my data right now to make money. Yes I being tracked by 23 Cookies on this site alone, but this is a different concept to handing over money. So it is ‘free’ that no money is handed over, which is how people judge such things.

I don’t understand how a service that is being spruiked on FS got $250,000 funding which no business plan. It makes no sense at all. Good luck with it.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    JohnW, post: 259755, member: 6375 wrote:
    If so, you urgently need someone to help you turn your techno-speak into meaningful benefits that the small business owners here can understand.Good luck with that. Considering his response was to rubbish your valid concerns I don’t feel much research has been done. I doubt $250,000 exists either.
    bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 264610, member: 3997 wrote:
    Do you pay money to use this site Bert? I don’t. Being the product and actively handing over money are two seperate things. This website is free. Yes they are using my data right now to make money. Yes I being tracked by 23 Cookies on this site alone, but this is a different concept to handing over money. So it is ‘free’ that no money is handed over, which is how people judge such things.

Fair point if you only think a cost to you is in monetary terms, and thats why a lot of small business’s fail, they just look at the $’s and not time and effort. If some is making money (Alah FS in this case), it is not free, just the fact that you have typed an answer to my cynical response, you have used some of your valuable time, and therefore it has cost you something. Until we as a whole look beyond just $’s

MatthewKeath
    Up
    bb1, post: 264624, member: 53375 wrote:
    Fair point if you only think a cost to you is in monetary terms, and thats why a lot of small business’s fail, they just look at the $’s and not time and effort. If some is making money (Alah FS in this case), it is not free, just the fact that you have typed an answer to my cynical response, you have used some of your valuable time, and therefore it has cost you something. Until we as a whole look beyond just $’s
    I need to send you my bill!

But yeah, I agree with you. I used to calculate my time spent here vs work is brought in. Posting here would bring in work, so 100% people here are my customers even though the paymetn only comes when one decided to engage and then pay. I knew that only a few good posts I would get emails about my services.

A lot of the time they are lurking, which is why I tried (and failed most times) to be polite :)

Your cynic is probably wondering why I am back posting and the answer is in the sig. Of course I do have a lot to offer, but as you say, nothing is truly free in the business world.

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 264625, member: 3997 wrote:
    I need to send you my bill!

I got your bill, and sent payment thru, didnt you get it? was $250,000 or did I send it to [USER=84199]@Thomadatank[/USER] by mistake, maybe thats where they got it from

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.