Home – New Forums New here? Share your story We need help to test our “interview guide” software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MJH
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    My first post to introduce myself and seek some help. I’m Michael – and my business is “ARTHUR” (it’s an acronym), and I live in leafy Belgrave South in Victoria. After working for corporate for 20+ years, and then as a consultant for 17 years (including 7 years in SE Asia and China), my business partner and I have spent the last 8 years (yep, a long time!) developing some software to help business do 2 important things – write reports and select staff. Re the select staff bit, we hope that we can bring world’s best practice behavioural selection interviewing (that big businesses use because they can afford the consultancy that provides it) to small business at a price that represents great value for money.
    But we now need some help from some “objective” people – read that as people who don’t know us! We are looking for some businesses who’d be willing to try the software out for free in exchange for some feedback to us on its usability and value. That way we can refine our value proposition and get the messaging right.
    So, if you’re about to launch into interviewing candidates to recruit into (or promote from within) your business in the very near future, I’d be delighted to assist you in the process and show you how our software can really support you.
    If you’re in my neck of the woods (SE suburbs of Melbourne) I’d be happy to come and install it myself and give you a quick run through on how to operate it.
    I’m looking for at least 10 businesses; either your own or someone you know who’s about to embark on recruitment or selection. Any takers?
    Michael
    Check out our website for more info to help you decide if you can help us here – http://www.ARTHUR.net.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

I am very impressed with your determination; eight years is a very long time to stay focused on your goal!

Can I suggest that you start a new thread over in the Community Reviews section of the boards asking whether people would be prepared to review the software?

If you do, please take a few moments to read through the guidelines you’ll find at the top of the screen in that part of the forums, and please include your answers to the four questions you’ll find there too. Most of the reviews are for people’s websites, so you’ll want to make it clear in your posts that you’re seeking people to review the software, rather than your website.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

MJH
    Up

Hi there Jayne,
    Thanks for the advice – I’m very new to this!
    I will look at the community reviews forum as you suggest, my apologies if I’ve used to “new chum” forum inadvertantly for more than just an intro, when I should have used both the intro AND the community review forums.
    Yes 8 years is a long time, but I was overseas for much of the first 5 years which slowed the process, and have had to continue consulting to “put the fruit on the sideboard” so to speak whilst this developmet has been underway. Still it’s an exciting time right now and the “official” launch is imminent!
    Michael

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Michael,

Just a quick post to welcome you to Flying Solo – your mention of Belgrave South caught my attention, as I am in the equally leafy “Belgrave” (central I suppose you’d call it!) Nice to see a neighbour here!

I’m not embarking on any recruiting at the moment, so, probably not an ideal candidate for what you are after – but, all the best with it – am sure you will find some takers :)

MJH
    Up

Thanks Jacqui, appreciate the support! And yes, nice place to be.
    BTW, love your company name!
    Michael

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Thanks Michael! I get some great feedback on the company name, but I cannot take credit… I have my Grandmother to thank for that one!!

If the opportunity allows – make sure you get outside and enjoy some of the rare “sun through the trees” that we have today :)

MJH
    Up

Hi Jacqui,
    Yes it is beautiful outside today!
    Although you’re not recruiting at present, I’d still be keen to get some feedback from a small business professional services operator like yourself.
    Let’s know if you’re interested and have time to have a look at it and give me some feedback. If so, please feel free to contact me by email (below) to make arrangements to connect – “[email protected]
    All the best,
    Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.