Home – New Forums New here? Share your story We want to hear from you…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    cutekids
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone, just joined the forum & if anybody has useful advice on advertising & marketing i would love to hear from you! We are constantly bombarded with advertisers approaching us for our new business venture (childrens clothing boutique in Perth)& its overwhelming at times! We have got some advertising out there but there is always room for improvement.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    bm09, post: 6091 wrote:
    I have learnt through being on this forum it is like networking online – all the same rules offline apply here! By networking online I mean you:

• Business Cards – are like your profiles in the forum. People can choose to ignore them or find out more about you and your company

I am surprised at how a couple of members really abuse the signature facility – their sigs are longer than most of their posts!!

I’d suggest limiting signatures to three lines only.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    King, post: 12506 wrote:
    I am surprised at how a couple of members really abuse the signature facility – their sigs are longer than most of their posts!!

I’d suggest limiting signatures to three lines only.

Well I did try that once, and it turned out that I was only half there.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

It just means info has to be trimmed to that which you think is essential then!

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi King,
    Thanks for that suggestion. It’s something we’ve discussed in the past and have also noticed the issue a little more recently.

At the moment, as our guidelines are not adequately specific, they are open to ‘interpretation’:

Your signature: Please keep signatures short, simple and professional – a link to your business website and a tagline are fine in your signature.

We are currently tightening up the guidelines and limits in a few different areas and will be updating them shortly – stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Peter

joaq31
    Up

hi there

new to flying solo do you consider franchise buisiness owners part of this group

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Can’t see why not. Franshisees are small business people trying to become bigger, like the rest of us.

Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up

Well as a fellow flying soloist I find it refreshing that so many of the fellow soloists are sitting behind a desk, just like me, either taking a break from work, or doing a little research on something specific.. cup of tea (or a bourbon and coke :) ) at the ready, there might be a cat in your office, kids running around… the stereos cranked up… but its our little place, and we’re “loving our own company”. We’re for the most part owner managers of our own businesses, and I just feel I can relate to fellow Flying Soloists better than possibly another business forum which might comprise of mostly people who work for someone else.
    Its just nice to know we all have that in common (mostly). When I first came to Flying Solo and I saw the tag line Loving Your Own Company… I just loved it. Its me.

Ecosleepaustralia
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Its interesting reading all the replies from people and here I was just trolling trough google looking for a different approach to market my business!
    Its a hard road to walk down via a key board when you have come from face to face business and it is daunting to say the least when you have no leads!
    I am looking forward to reading lots of threads on how to grow your business online and how to ask the right question of those who have gone before me!

Jane

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jane
    Thanks for your interesting comments, and for joining in on the forum! You are so welcome here, and we’d love to help answer as many questions as you’ve got.

If you’d like to, it’s a good idea to start by introducing yourself and your business so we can learn a little more about you. Best place to do that is over here http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/

All the best,
    Jayne

janet
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hello, just back from conference number 3, the final one for the year! Lots of learning and a potential revamp of the business. Not sure if that is good or bad! Am trying to keep up with various online things, but can spend more time on this than (paid) work if not careful! Good ideas out there, thank you.

karan
    Up

Hello fellow flying soloists

I have just started a software development company called kodeplay.

we will be focussing on web based software
    Looking forward to participating in discussions here

Best Regards

Karan Ahuja

C.E.O , Kodeplay

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

So Flying Solo has been around for a while Ive been a member since October 2008 and have been fortunate to see the changes that have taken place.

The development of such a forum would not have been possible had you not participated. The amount of valid information would not have been possible had you not participated. , and the dreams of Robert , Sam and Peter would not have been realised had you not participated.

Just imagine how much better this forum would be or even become had everyone that’s registered participated, however to many this forum has become an important part of their lives. It is a networking system far beyond the expectations of anyone.

Why have I written this at this particular time, because we need you to participate, we need some fresh ideas, comments and criticism and input.
    Some of us are getting long in the tooth, and for you who are younger to give us your ideas and feelings.
    From each other we learn, and grow. As soloists information networking is just so important in growing your business that unless you participate you may shrivel up and die and we certainly don’t want this to happen, so on behalf of the many soloist who give so willingly of their time so that you may gain some benefit, do us the courtesy of letting us know how you feel think and ask your questions, make your comment and even criticise if that’s what you want, but don’t be shy and hide, come out and be welcomed as a true member of FLYING SOLO

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Well said K Rudd! I mean Burgo :P

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Yeah mate, that was well put. From one of the “originals” to another, that felt like it’s been needed for a while.

Cheers for that Burgs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.