Home – New Forums Marketing mastery We will beat any written quote – but please don’t go looking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

I am hoping some clever wordsmiths might be able to assist in the best way to phrase this.

I am very confident with our pricing, and do not have a problem beating a competitors quote, but I am just trying to work out how to phrase it, without it sounding like ‘I’ve overcharged you, so feel free to throw some prices at me to knock me down’

I thought about just putting it in my signature – ‘Ask about our price match guarantee’ but maybe there is a better way of getting the point across?

Thanks for any advice

P.S. – I already know that we win a lot of business without competitive quotes, because we are the fastest at what we do – so I am not trying to simply be cheap and nasty

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

Just a vague “Lowest Prices Guaranteed” works for Officeworks and Bunnings, despite the fact that their prices are generally far from the lowest.

Most people just assume that it means their prices are already low and don’t bother shopping around.

But when you look at their fine print, the guarantee only kicks in if you can be bothered questioning them, and excludes almost everything.

You need to be careful to not leave any room to be exploited in your promises.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Perhaps value for money everytime or something along those lines.

Aura Wellness Clinic
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

We guarantee the most competitive quotes you have ever seen!

You will be surprised at how affordable we can be!

Afordable quotes delivered fast and free!

Just some suggestions

sarahjoy
    • Total posts: 36
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 136112 wrote:
    I already know that we win a lot of business without competitive quotes, because we are the fastest at what we do.

If you already win quotes and you are the fastest at what you do – then that’s your Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Why wouldn’t you simply emphasise that?

Big players like Bunnings and Officeworks have Lowest Prices Guaranteed because that’s their USP – and yours is nothing like theirs!

I know I’m saying this with not very much background on the situation, but if you’re already winning business with your current prices and you’re the best at what you do, why would you lower your prices to match someone who is (assumedly) offering an inferior service to yours?

Just my two cents :)

NathanB
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

I like Aura’s suggestions.

I personally try to avoid the “lowest price guaranteed” on it’s own (although I have used it before). It’s a great statement but to me it’s become just a throw away line people use for sake of it and I think it’s done it’s dash as a USP. For the ones it does land with – they go around checking the price before committing.

Perhaps there are some creative ways you could imply more than just like the lowest price such as how your services are of a higher quality than the client may expect for that price.

Agent Mail: Flexible on price. Not on service. Call now for the lowest price guaranteed!

Good luck.

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

I want to put in my 2 cents as well, but with a different angle.

Most people are emotional buyers. They don’t buy because something is the cheapest on the market. They buy because they see the benefits they will get and the solution for their problem.

So if you are the fastest in your industry (this is your USP) – this is what you have to sell, not your prices. Think of FedEx – they were one of many curriers doing the same thing. But then they decided to offer something nobody else offered – guaranteed next day delivery – and just because of that they won a huge chunk of customers.

So in your case your customers and prospects need to be told that the benefit from using your service is a guaranteed time frame. For example if I new that you will deliver in 5 days, I can organise my business around that time frame because this is your guarantee.

I think that the first thing you need to do is maybe a survey – ask your customers what is important to them in regards to the services you provide. Because what you think is important to them (eg cheapest price) may be the most irrelevant thing to them. If you know their needs you will know how to best market to new prospects.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.