Home – New Forums Other discussions Wearing Uniforms At Home

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Just a question in relation to wearing a uniform or at least some good clothes when working from home. I’ve been told by a few people it’s a good idea as it helps you focus and distinguish between home and work life. What do you all think? So far I haven’t embraced the idea and just wear what I want. If I have to meet someone for business purposes then I’ll get dressed up, but I have no contact with clients at home.

I work a regular day job aside from running my small business and when I am there I get into my good clothes even though most of the other men just wear casuals so when it comes to my business I just want to be relaxed and comfortable.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I think this one will depend on the individual as we’re all wired so differently.

I worked from home for 5 years, and spent much of that time in my PJ’s with no problems at all… Except for the rush to get some decent form of clothing on in 8 seconds when a delivery man arrived.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 187477 wrote:
    I worked from home for 5 years, and spent much of that time in my PJ’s with no problems at all…

Now i understand the reluctance to come say G’Day.. LOL.

Re uniforms and the likes, personally, when i worked from ‘home’ i wore what ever was comfortable and kept it that way.. actually, even to this day in an ‘office/warehouse’ i wear mainly casual (jeans/tshirts and on hot days cargo shorts) as our role is so varied… Although we to do have casual work shirts (bit like cafe style) that we try to remember to wear when we know clients are heading in or we want to ‘feel’ professional..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Your business is you – do what makes you comfortable.

Look a bit more fancy for client meetings and be comfortable the rest of the time I think.

As Jason said – keep it casual jeans, t-shirt, shorts – just make sure you have a shirt ironed and ready to go.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

If it helps you be more productive or in some other way to dress differently during work hours then do that. You’re the only one to answer to so do what’s best for you.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

re Blue Penguin ‘I worked from home for 5 years, and spent much of that time in my PJ’s with no problems at all… Except for the rush to get some decent form of clothing on in 8 seconds when a delivery man arrived.’

In our area there are many people who work from home with delivery companies/couriers who arrive from 6.30am. Having a decent dressing gown is a necessity! :)

However, having said that, I do tend to wear business type clothes most days except for Fridays and from 5pm anything goes.

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hey Gareths!

At least there’s one day in the year you won’t have to worry about what to wear: Work in the nude day.

Lucinda ;-)

vanessa@legal123
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Or wear your exercise gear-then you have no excuse and are ready for the much needed break in your day!! Its a great way to have both a mental and physical break and gets you away from the computer!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.