Home – New Forums Selling online Web Development Service Has Slow Sales

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    supremesupports
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi I’m wanting to sell Web development services online and am having a lot of trouble converting the visitors into sales. I’m looking for small business owner who are willing to make a website for their business. I am talking about some great website like http://www.webalive.com.au and they have a pretty good visitors to sake ratio. But my website http://www.supremesupports.com.au isn’t selling at all! My business is based in the Sydney but have no idea how to get more traffic and sales from Sydney region, any help would be very much appreciated.

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

how do you know they are getting good sales. or that there sales are due to website traffic.

supremesupports
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 266076, member: 112020 wrote:
    how do you know they are getting good sales. or that there sales are due to website traffic.
    I know a guy from that particular business. Don’t know whether is it coming from there website or not, but they are going bigger and bigger!
    RunicConvenience
    Up

well with all the “mail messages/cold calls” i get I am sure no one finds a web dev from their website. and mostly because they get pressured into it from the mountain of calls you get from X or Y tech name. claiming to make you a site cheap and perfect for your customers.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,341
    Up

[USER=114899]@supremesupports[/USER] – I think there are some very good things about your site but for almost every good thing I see, I also see something that doesn’t work.

Here is an example:

I was very pleased to see a case study section on the site and some of the way the case study was written was very good – especially the results the business achieved.

But when I went to the site, the site literally didn’t work – it was very slow loading and when I clicked on a brand name eg, Dulux, the site froze and an unresponsive message came up.

I snapped a pic for you:

I believe that you need a marketing and possibly copywriting expert to work with you to bring everything together on the site so that it is a showcase for potential customers to gain confidence in your services.

Every part of the site needs to build confidence in you amongst potential buyers but equally people have short attention spans so that confidence can easily be un-done and that will kill any prospect of a sale.

At the same time, for big ticket purchases such as you are selling, you website should be a small part of the sales process so if you expect it to do more for you than is the industry norm, you will have to also look at your overall sales strategy.

Good luck.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 212
    Up

I would imagine website development is usually about contacts, word of mouth as it is a trust related service much like a tradesman unless you’re looking at cookie cutter low end websites which has to unfortunately compete with the website DIY builders. Why don’t you directly approach a niche of businesses and try to cold sell them?

businesstrade.com.au - businesses for sale in Australia
    Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

A couple of things I noticed about the site needs addressing

• Navigation
    • Colour Selection

Cheers
    Corey

RunicConvenience
    Up
    Amber Leavey, post: 266504, member: 114728 wrote:
    Planning to start an online store and can’t decide what platform to use.

Shopify vs WooCommerce has been a hot topic in the field of eCommerce. There are endless arguments and claims about which is the best between the two eCommerce platform. This article helps you to choose what platform best fit for your business.
    visit https://medium.com/@amberleavey1/which-is-better-shopify-or-woocommerce-fe84842aa530 for more info.

so your just advertising here? because this is not about platform1 vs platform 2 but about increasing sales and getting people to pay.

Mancityfan
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I hate to say this but how can you promote web development services on line and not know how to get visitors to convert?
    Isn’t the job of a web developer to develop sites that convert visitors?
    You might want to rethink your business and find one that you can compete in.

Fastit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

A professional Web Developer can be very helpful in solving Your problem.
    Every part of the site needs to build confidence in you amongst potential buyers but equally people have short attention spans so that confidence can easily be un-done and that will kill any prospect of a sale.
    [Mod Edit To Remove Overly Promotional Content]

HenryPeter
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks for sharing this information here. I would like to ask you a question. Do you also provide SEO service?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.