Home – New Forums Money matters Web Master Online Course

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have just signed up for a Web Master Online Course and wanted to share the special deal.

The course covers 21 subjects for various web design softwares including Internet Marketing, How to Run an Online Business, Photoshop and Web Publishing etc.

It’s $149 instead of close to $1,500.

http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/national-deal/-e-careers-/716019699?nlp=&CID=AU_CRM_1_0_0_94&a=715827934

I believe it’s a great offer.

Regards,
    Mel

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

I had a look around as I’m quite sceptical when I see fictitious large values just to make the real price look smaller (marketing trick). They do actually post that price on the website though.

The company continually posts these types of deals on many deal websites. So don’t think of it as something you HAVE TO DO NOW to GET YOUR BARGAIN (marketing trick).

Looking at the syllabus you can see they’ve crammed in some old or zero value courses to make it look better.

CGI Perl – So 1990s
    Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop are a version behind

It is a big course. Very few people will ever need or learn all of the subjects. Most people will work at and get good at only several areas covered by the course.

I searched for reviews and there are very few. A strange thing, that others have noted in forums. The ones I found were mixed and the positive ones smelled a bit (reputation management).

A good quote I found in this post was:

On the face of the course it does look like the content is ok as long as you realise that it is not cutting edge and you don’t expect to land a web development job from completing it.

@dannyjones101

Other comments were that you can get all this stuff for free if you look around. This would be a skill you would have to learn if you are considering being involved with web development. Google is your constant friend.

So, It’s down to @Fingerfood to have a go and tell us how good it really is.

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

I had a look around as I’m quite sceptical when I see fictitious large values just to make the real price look smaller (marketing trick). They do actually post that price on the website though.

The company continually posts these types of deals on many deal websites. So don’t think of it as something you HAVE TO DO NOW to GET YOUR BARGAIN (marketing trick).

Looking at the syllabus you can see they’ve crammed in some old or zero value courses to make it look better.

CGI Perl – So 1990s
    Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop are a version behind

It is a big course. Very few people will ever need or learn all of the subjects. Most people will work at and get good at only several areas covered by the course.

I searched for reviews and there are very few. A strange thing, that others have noted in forums. The ones I found were mixed and the positive ones smelled a bit (reputation management).

A good quote I found in this post was:

On the face of the course it does look like the content is ok as long as you realise that it is not cutting edge and you don’t expect to land a web development job from completing it.

@dannyjones101

Other comments were that you can get all this stuff for free if you look around. This would be a skill you would have to learn if you are considering being involved with web development. Google is your constant friend.

So, It’s down to @Fingerfood to have a go and tell us how good it really is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.