Home – New Forums Tell me straight… WEB Motivo – Almost there

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Motivo
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hey All,

My site is almost ready, needs some additional tweaks and additions but almost there.

It’s for a web design business based in Sydney targeting the SME market.

Any feedback appreciated

check it out http://www.WebMotivo.com.au

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Looks good,
    for some reason that frame and font doesn’t do it for me on home page, more of a deterrent.

Also I suggest making the portfolio pictures links

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I really like it, has a funky agency feel to it! Nice strong branding as well!

Hope it brings you lots of business!

Karen

vxd
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

The “web movito” on the right make you looks unprofessional.

I like the chicken, It really hasn’t got anything to do with anything but it give your site a “Agency feel”

You really need to get rid of the picture frame or replace it with an image that doesn’t look like someone used the selection tool and copied a square from a larger picture frame.

I think your footer can be shorter it too high for the content you have there.
    I’m not a big fan of the menu. It annoys me.

Motivo
    Up

Thanks for the comments guys, it’s still work in progress.

I was never happy with the red frame either I have made a slight update but still not 100% happy with it.

I need to add final touches to all the pages soon but I need a break from working on it as I have been staring at the page far too long.

Hopefully I get some inspiration soon.

danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

I agree with vxd – The name running down the right margin really cheapens this design and closes it all in!

On a whole it looks good but I can’t help but feel its slightly confused in its approach – is it going for grunge (black paper tear, blue splatter), is it going for clean agency (white, black text, open space, solid, cliched ‘what came first’ line).. or is it going for quirky (the random chicken).

As I said, on a whole it looks good… It’s just feels slightly confused, remind me of myself in my teenage years!

Motivo
    Up

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments…

It’s still work in progress

Out of curiosity, what screen resolution and size monitor are you using to view my site?

MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi,

Overall I think it looks fantastic – you’ve done a great job!

Just a couple of quick observations:

1. I agree with the comment regarding the menu, it annoys me as well.
    2. I don’t like the main style of font that you’ve used throughout (looks like Arial?) I’d choose something a bit funkier.
    3. The font used in the Contact form definitely needs changing
    4. I’m not seeing a phone number listed anywhere. Providing a phone number will give you and your business more credibility. A lot of consumers won’t deal with a business if they can’t physically ring and speak to somebody.

Anyway, that’s my two cents worth :-)

Regards,
    Melissa Williscroft
    MJS Virtual Business Support
    http://www.mjsvirtual.com.au

IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

I agree that this website has a few design issues… but I think everyone above has outlined them for the most part!

I do however really like the website for the IT Guys that appears in your portfolio.. being in IT myself these are the websites Im always checking out! I like that its in your face, easy to read and really rams home the point. Did you design that one also? :o)

Cheers
    Tara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.