Home – New Forums Tech talk Webcast advice?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marra
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

I’m on a committee that organises an annual conference. They’ve asked me to find out about the possibility (and cost!) of webcasting. I have done the usual search and left enquiries with companies that “do that”, but it occured ot me that there may be some small business owners here who have done this sort of thing before! :-)

Our conference ususlly hosts 200-300 people (in person) but we are looking at live-streaming our sessions, and then offereing on-demand video after the conference. Whatever platform we use will need to to handle registrations and payments.

Suggestions? Experiences? Thanks! :-)

Marra

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Marra

At Flying Solo, we use GoToMeeting. They come out well in most of the reviews and we’ve never had any issues. Our events typically host around 350-500 attendees and we’ve managed up to 1500+ (though on an upgraded platform on that occasion).

Ticket purchasing isn’t bundled within the software – our events are free anyway – but I’ve seen people hook up neatly with Eventbrite.

Just pop me a note if PM if you’d like more info.

Robert

Marra
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Thanks, Robert. I didn’t realize they handled live stuff, so I will look in to that. :-)

twillis
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Marra,

Another option is join.me – we’ve used this plenty of times in the past.

It’s no frills but very simple and easy to understand.

Best of luck!

cashflowco
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I have good success with Webinarjam, which uses Google Hangouts. It’s a lot more friendly than Goto Meeting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.