Home – New Forums Starting your journey website and hosting $215 plus free domain?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone!

I have just joined the forums to have an opinion on my website plan for individuals and small businesses.

Plan A – 6 Months

-Domain (free)
    -Website creation ($215 one-time payment)
    -Unlimited hosting ($15/month)
    -Support

Plan B – 12 Months

-Domain (free)
    -Unlimited hosting ($10/month)
    -Support

EXTRAS
    -Extreme hosting speeds ($5+/month)

-JuiceBooster

SEO technique for Google high rank: $100/without bundle $55/bundled with plan.

-JuiceBooster Caffeine

Advanced SEO techniques to better your competitors on Google: $200/without bundle $125/bundled with plan

I have looked in the forums and found one similar topic but mine has some additions I would like some opinions on. Are my prices reasonable? I will be targeting individuals and small businesses with low capital.

I look forward on some responses to my business idea as we have not fully launched yet.

Regards

Daniel

DanielM
    Up

Hi webfunk,

Thank you for your response. The prices we have decided on are to make an impact on the market straight away so they will only be set at such a reasonable price for a limited time. They are based on templates and then we tweak them to the customers needs and style.

I see you are in the same industry, I will be sure to check your offerings.

Regards,
    Daniel

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

I think at prices like that I’d want to know what the word “support” actually meant… If I was only charging $215 for a site + hosting etc I don’t think I’d be too keen on helping people after the site was done.

What I mean by that is, if you’re intending on making an avg income, say around $50,000/year, you’ll need to produce about 232 websites each year! And that $50k is a net figure, before you take out expenses and tax.

So what I’m saying is, you’re going to be extremely busy trying to drum up clients, and building their websites, that what you can reasonably offer in terms of support may be very limited.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

well it can be done – outsource the web work to India etc, and there are plenty of hosting plans around that for a VPS you can stick 10-15 sites on those and let the web host handle the support. All DanielM needs to do is act as coordinator.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Right… Sorry my response was under the assumption that he was going to try and service the clients himself.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Hi Daniel,

Price is the best indication of value. If you’re going to charge just over $200 to get a site up and running, then not only do I feel that you’re services will be perceived to be of the ‘bottom end’ in terms of quality, but also unless you outsource your development, then you’re going to get quite tied up.

I hope the main reason for lowering your prices isn’t because you think you’ll get way more customers, because unfortunately that won’t be the case (if only it was that easy!). People need to perceive your services as “fantastic value for money”, otherwise they won’t purchase anything. Just lowering your prices can easily do the opposite.

Putting your price down so slow in attempt to undercut your competitors, also undercuts yourself. Even though I run a business in the same area, I really am saying this to help you. Why work on such a small margin? You’ll need more customers that will possibly be harder to acquire because of their perception of the ‘cheapness’ of your services, and you’ll also find yourself doing a lot more work (there is an initial threshold of support that comes with each new client).

Put it this way, I like to objectively judge the value of my services, and then take a significant chunk off the price. That way, everything remains relative. The quality that you provide exceeds the fee that your charge, yet the two should remain in a somewhat balanced proportion.

Good luck!

Brentis :)

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    DanielM, post: 90074 wrote:
    Hello everyone!

I have just joined the forums to have an opinion on my website plan for individuals and small businesses.

Plan A – 6 Months

-Domain (free)
    -Unlimited hosting ($15/month)
    -Support

Plan B – 12 Months

-Domain (free)
    -Unlimited hosting ($10/month)
    -Support

EXTRAS
    -Extreme hosting speeds ($5+/month)

-JuiceBooster

SEO technique for Google high rank: $100/without bundle $55/bundled with plan.

-JuiceBooster Caffeine

Advanced SEO techniques to better your competitors on Google: $200/without bundle $125/bundled with plan

I have looked in the forums and found one similar topic but mine has some additions I would like some opinions on. Are my prices reasonable? I will be targeting individuals and small businesses with low capital.

I look forward on some responses to my business idea as we have not fully launched yet.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Unlimited hosting doesn’t really exist and it is a deceptive web hosting marketing term. Would you be offering unlimited disk space and/or bandwidth? I would stay clear of offering unlimited web hosting plans ;)

Cheers,
    Shaun

DanielM
    Up

Thank you all for the informative information. It will be unlimited bandwidth hosting and our support will branch over a two weeks period to ensure everything is up and running. Hosting support will be for the lifetime of the plan.

Regards

The Internet Bloke
    • Total posts: 131
    Up
    DanielM, post: 90120 wrote:
    It will be unlimited bandwidth hosting

So – if I get an account from you and my site uses 100 terabytes of bandwidth a month, that will be fine will it ??

MsLilyPonds
    • Total posts: 264
    Up

In truth, if I was looking at webstie deals, I’d just skip this one. I have used two cheapy web design firms and both have been a disaster – have taken both sites down rather than have unreliable limping websites to worry about. I am not saying that you are going ot be anything like that – but because this is my experience, i wouldn’t want your service.

I think you’ll end up getting a lot of newbs :) People who want it cheap and cheerful and don’t undestand what to value in a web developer/host. Those people are NOTORIOUSLY painful to deal with :) That’s a lot of tech support you’ll be doing!

themot
    • Total posts: 150
    Up

Like I say to everyone thinking of getting into business, how much do you need to live / how much do you want to make?

Say you want to turn over $100k a year. You need to sell roughly 2 of these sites a day. Can you do that? Then you need to manage the 600 odd new clients your going to have to support a year.

Is it worth it?

Siyoko
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    NetOrigin, post: 90117 wrote:
    Hi Daniel,

Unlimited hosting doesn’t really exist and it is a deceptive web hosting marketing term. Would you be offering unlimited disk space and/or bandwidth? I would stay clear of offering unlimited web hosting plans ;)

Cheers,
    Shaun

Exactly. all the unlimited hosting I have ever seen is fine…. UNTIL you go over. then funny wise it’s not so unlimited. ;)

NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.