Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website and Marketing Review Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Hi there Flying Soloists,

I have launched a website – following some good ol’ sales tactics from online marketers – however I’m not sure if it’s too ‘salesy’?

I launched it quickly to get my ebook online, however do you think that the sales page should not be the front page? Or any other feedback?

My page get’s about 10% return rate in sales – as I haven’t done something like this before, is that good or bad?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Linda Le
    http://www.genYadvantage.com.au

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Hi Linda, I don’t like any landing pages so I’m not exactly your target market, but saying that you could still improve the current design which is somewhat bland.

Header ‘logo’ lacks any image, color or graphic. It shouldn’t be just text in a box. (Unless it’s gorgeous text ;)

Font and Page BG – Not enough contrast to make reading the thin font comfortable

I’m sure you’ve seen Landing pages everywhere so I’d borrow elements from others. (for inspiration.)

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I am Also Agree that it is not Eye Catching website..

Please Improve Design and Content as well.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    gen Y advantage, post: 120566 wrote:
    Hi there Flying Soloists,

I have launched a website – following some good ol’ sales tactics from online marketers – however I’m not sure if it’s too ‘salesy’?

I launched it quickly to get my ebook online, however do you think that the sales page should not be the front page? Or any other feedback?

My page get’s about 10% return rate in sales – as I haven’t done something like this before, is that good or bad?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Linda Le
    http://www.genYadvantage.com.au

Hi Linda. A couple of random thoughts:

Tell people less about what your eBook does and is, and tell them a bit more about why they need your book. Hope this makes sense

Spend less of the page telling people why they need the book (And what the book is about), and spend more of page on some freebi tips and ideas. – IE snippets from the book. This will engage them and be more likely to convert them to a customer, or at least a potential customer.

Get cracking on the blog.

Good luck

Michael

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

I also agree with the above.

From a shopper perspective: If I ever open up a website that looks like yours (purpose on plain selling) then I close the website straight away and don’t even bother looking further.

Sorry for saying this but your website looks very bland and salesy.

Also, I don’t like too much text and scrolling down on one page. It’s like “good lord, that’s a lot to read” and I lose interest.

Keep it short and sweet, maybe on a few different pages. 1 “homepage”, 1 “About”, 1 “Product” and mabye a “Contact” page.

You could also create another page – either blog or twitter feeds – with practical tips to create an audience.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Mel

gen Y advantage
    Up

Thank you SO much for taking the time and providing me with valuable feedback. I’ll certainly make the changes to the site (kinda wished I found this forum much sooner).

Very much appreciated!!

Linda

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Good feedback so far.

1. Your site has poor branding and therefore has trust issues. It needs to be more ‘designed’

2. Your heading highlights a product – rather than a solution to a problem / benefit

3. You’re using the old Visa logo. Whenever I see the old Visa logo that business loses credibility in my eyes because they haven’t got attention to detail

David

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up
    gen Y advantage, post: 120691 wrote:
    Thank you SO much for taking the time and providing me with valuable feedback. I’ll certainly make the changes to the site (kinda wished I found this forum much sooner).

Very much appreciated!!

Linda

You’re received a lot of honest, but harsh criticism here. Good on you for taking it on the chin like a professional and moving forward.

Best of luck with your business.

gen Y advantage
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 120699 wrote:
    You’re received a lot of honest, but harsh criticism here. Good on you for taking it on the chin like a professional and moving forward.

Best of luck with your business.

Thank you :)

I don’t think anyone can advance in life or business if they can’t accept, appreciate or take on constructive feedback. Everyone has been amazing in giving me such valuable advice that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to gain elsewhere.

This forum rocks!

gen Y advantage
    Up

WOW – that took me some time. I have taken aboard all your feedback and change as much as I can. As I’m not a prof. web designer – visually, that’s the ‘best’ I could create.

Also the visa logo.. (I’m not sure how to fix this either)

Otherwise, in terms of ‘salesy’, ‘unattractive’, ‘poor branding’, trust issues… as mentioned in the feedback.. is it better now? http://www.genYadvantage.com.au

Thank you for your kind assistance.

gen Y advantage
    Up
    gen Y advantage, post: 120948 wrote:
    WOW – that took me some time. I have taken aboard all your feedback and change as much as I can. As I’m not a prof. web designer – visually, that’s the ‘best’ I could create.

Also the visa logo.. (I’m not sure how to fix this either)

Otherwise, in terms of ‘salesy’, ‘unattractive’, ‘poor branding’, trust issues… as mentioned in the feedback.. is it better now? http://www.genYadvantage.com.au

Thank you for your kind assistance.

OH YES, the blog is definitely coming – I’ll get onto it over the weekend. :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I can honestly say I really like it.
    I also like the gen y theme – clever.

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi Linda,

Yes, congrats for taking things on the chin and being willing to make changes. I think your key sentence is here:

gen Y advantage, post: 120948 wrote:
    I have taken aboard all your feedback and change as much as I can. As I’m not a prof. web designer – visually, that’s the ‘best’ I could create.

Recognise, that by doing your website yourself, you are getting it done cheaper (and learning in the process), but the downside is that your brand and product isn’t being shown in its best light, which will reduce your sales. Think of it as delivering a pristine Rolls Royce in a cardboard box.

Your website still needs ‘quite’ a bit of work. If you briefed it into a designer, they could complete it for probably $500-900 depending on your needs. It would look damn good, be available in 1-2 weeks and you could refocus your efforts on your product.

The alternative is to continue seeking feedback, hone your development skills and accept reduced results. This would take some time, but be cheaper in terms of initial outlay (although you miss more sales from the get go).

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    DavidM, post: 121005 wrote:
    Hi Linda,

Yes, congrats for taking things on the chin and being willing to make changes. I think your key sentence is here:

Recognise, that by doing your website yourself, you are getting it done cheaper (and learning in the process), but the downside is that your brand and product isn’t being shown in its best light, which will reduce your sales. Think of it as delivering a pristine Rolls Royce in a cardboard box.

Your website still needs ‘quite’ a bit of work. If you briefed it into a designer, they could complete it for probably $500-900 depending on your needs. It would look damn good, be available in 1-2 weeks and you could refocus your efforts on your product.

The alternative is to continue seeking feedback, hone your development skills and accept reduced results. This would take some time, but be cheaper in terms of initial outlay (although you miss more sales from the get go).

Your presuming the designer will do better than Linda does. Ive seen some professionally shoking results – not only in web but in many areas. A web designers own website would be a reasonable indication of their best level of work.
    I for one like the site.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 121010 wrote:
    Your presuming the designer will do better than Linda does. Ive seen some professionally shoking results – not only in web but in many areas. A web designers own website would be a reasonable indication of their best level of work.
    I for one like the site.I would assume you would do due dillegence and ensure you chose a designer that would be able to handle the job. (stearing clear of the companies you know won’t deliver)

I agree with David, getting the site done by a pro will allow your message to be communicated effectively and increase sales.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.