Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website and Marketing Review Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Thank you for your feedback. I know how important it is to outsource for other people to do things so that I could concentrate on my core business and what I do best.

When I first started my business I racked up significant expenses getting all my ducks in a row – nice logo, nice stationary, cards, nice office, computer, professional photos……. you name it, before I felt ‘comfortable’ enough to get out there and try to write business

what a lesson I have learnt!!

Now I’m flipping my way of thinking to only reinvest the money I’ve made from the business into the business. Although the site is not as nice and prof. as I’d like it to be, I’m hoping that it is ‘good enough’ and when I have more $$, I’ll certainly reinvest in the things that will enhance my operations and make my business more professional.

At the moment, I’m hoping that it doesn’t look dodgy, untrustworthy, too unattractive as all mentioned in the feedback.

Thanks fellow Soloists, you have helped me not only improve my website, but also feel a little more confident about it too. :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hey Linda, you almost had it. This is for you darlin’.

Linda%20Le.png

I blame fatherhood for having nothing else better to do on a Saturday night!

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    gen Y advantage, post: 120566 wrote:
    Hi there Flying Soloists,

I have launched a website – following some good ol’ sales tactics from online marketers – however I’m not sure if it’s too ‘salesy’?

I launched it quickly to get my ebook online, however do you think that the sales page should not be the front page? Or any other feedback?

My page get’s about 10% return rate in sales – as I haven’t done something like this before, is that good or bad?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Linda Le
    http://www.genYadvantage.com.au

Hi Linda,

From a sales/marketing perspective…

There is no call to action.
    What do you want people to do when they visit your site?

gen Y advantage
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 121033 wrote:
    Hey Linda, you almost had it. This is for you darlin’.

Linda%20Le.png

I blame fatherhood for having nothing else better to do on a Saturday night!

WOW!! That looks absolutely amazingggg (incredible)! Thank you, THANK YOU! :))

gen Y advantage
    Up

A HUGE Thank you to IncredibleCo and everyone for the feedback. I have changed it once more, and I’m pretty pleased with the result. Thank you thank you!! :)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

ok Linda,

IncredibleCo stole my thunder with his suggestion… full marks to him.

So let’s look at copy… here’s what you lead with…

Hello and welcome to gen Y advantage
    Running a business is hard work – there are so many things to consider and stay on top of. What’s even more frustrating? Websites, emails, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn – the computer! There are so many tools and programs out there that are the ‘buzz’ at the moment that’s a ‘MUST’ do for business and is enough to give anyone a headache (gen Y or not).

You’ve outlined the problem but then stopped.

Why wouldn’t you follow with two or three appropriate lines re there is an easy solution for Facebook and have a click through to your product… T J Madigan was on the money when he said you don’t have a call to action… that is, to your product.

PS. lay this opening paragraph out… maybe bullets… it’s too tight

gen Y advantage
    Up

Thanks Warren! Changed and changed. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.