Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website design company site review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oxynic
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi All, I am starting an online website design busines and i have just completed my website oxynic.com.au

I would like to have your opinion and feedback before i launch, so when i am ready to lauch i know i have got it right.

My target audience will be tradies / small business wiho either dont have a website or have one but not happy with the looks and functionality and what some help getting started.

A bit about me, i have a f/t job and am starting this as a part time business and my aim will be to work with my company full time in a year.

Thanks,
    Mike

Kate Toon
    • Total posts: 79
    Up

Hi

A few quick comments from me
    > The site is nice and clean and striking
    > The core price message stands out
    > The black drag down is cute, but I didn’t notice it on first visit. I’d get rid of it and have that copy on the home page – also does this work well on mobile devices?
    > I’d reduce the copy on the home page – it’s actually a duplicate of the copy on services. Which could cause you duplicate content issues (bad from an SEO point of view).
    > If I scrolled while my mouse was on the slider it went a bit ‘funny’ images flickering moving – MAC, Firefox
    > Add an xml sitemap and a html sitemap
    > add a link to your xml sitemap in your robots.txt
    > Add an about page with a picture of you, to humanise the site
    > Small thing but on the contact page remove ‘your name’ from the field as it’s inconsistent with the other fields

Finally the thing you’ll need to get through to the customers quickly is what is included in the $399. E.g. you get 1 yrs hosting and a five page website with contact form. Because otherwise it seems to be too good to be true.

Get that across first (Home page) then worry about fiddly bits – add ons, extras, conditions later (on the services page)
    Hope this helps
    Thanks
    Kate

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Mike,

I really like the look of the site. I also like the fade in of the text and that the scroll wheel changes the image on the slider.

Steve

oxynic
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks Kate for spending time to go through the site and give me feedback, much appreciated. I agree with some of your suggestions and will implement them on my site.

Regards,
    Mike

easypeas
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Mike, you’ve got a nice theme there. Work on your font face and spacing though to make it look even better. The text is just too bunched up.
    Also, you offer search engine optimisation, but your site isn’t very well optimised. Just install one of the many wp seo plugins and refine your titles a bit to get you going.
    Oh, and the slider at the top goes crazy when you try to scroll over it (at least it does on a mac)

Fix up these and you’re off to a great start.

cheers,
    Gav

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

I am on the my phone, and there are no images, no pages and no work / template examples. There is no way to visit the full site.

Also, you really only need one exclamation mark after your guarantee. It’s not that exciting :p

Thanks

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

Hi Mike,
    Like others have pointed out, scrolling over the image slider goes a bit crazy (Chrome, OS X).

Other then that I quite like the site.

Cheers,
    Joel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.