Home – New Forums Find the help you need website development agreement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    ::

I am having some website development work done and so need an agreement to send to the developer.

Does anyone have a template of one they would be willing to share?

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Your web guy/girl should be able to send you one, how come you are sending it to them if you don’t my me asking?

King
    Up

because they have asked and they prefer to have all the requirements in an agreement document.

Like a building company will supply a contract for sub-contractors to provide xyz services at $$

I guess it is a “you will do what we know we want, and therefore you agree to” rather than “we will do what we think, which is… which might not be quite what you think you know” kinda thing ;)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I agree with Brendan, he/she should be supplying this.

You talk to him/her about your requirements, or send them a brief.
    He words this into his normal trading terms.
    You review requirements/deliverables, and sign off on them.

Anyways, apart from the requirements of the project – you’ll also want to list the deliverables. That being, copyrights, source code, any offline planning or design material, whatever you want off of him.

I would also include escape clauses. “Failure to deliver the above without prior written agreement, blah blah, we reserve to right to refuse final payment.”

Again, this is ridiculous that you’re writing an AGREEMENT for a project you’ve hired him to do. A sub-contractor is different, they need to agree to work under your name/image and to your rules, etc.

King
    Up

ytes good points, thanks for clarifying my thinking.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

What a coup!

Getting the client to write the agreement!!

Who would have thought!

morktron
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Yes writing the contract is the worst part about my job! I got a template off the web then got it modified by a lawyer paid for by Gov funded business advice centre. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now.

I can’t imagine how it would work if the client wrote the contract, since they don’t know what is involved ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.