Home – New Forums Marketing mastery website effectiveness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nick5a1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m curious, what do you do to get people to go to your website?
    More importantly, how do you know if it’s working?

Nick

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Analytics… Pretty good tool for that.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Agree. Install Analytics. It’s an absolute must.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

And for the first part of your question, market it.

Definitely have a word of mouth strategy, leveraging off Social Media, friends, family, car advertising, directories, the list goes on

What is your website? That will help us provide more specific advice.

tonyk
    Up

Include it in your signature by going to the control panel section of your website as well.

Vossy
    • Total posts: 71
    Up

Hi Nik.

Websites often start out as nice brochures in the back room. Just like brochures they need to be marketed and as others have said, marketing and the use of social media marketing are solutions.

Optimising your site for local search terms would help getting it showing up when people are looking for your business. Google’s Guide is here. If your site is higher on the search result page you will get more traffic – and that equation is nearly exponential #1 gets much more than #4.

Don’t forget to connect up your site with your Google Places listing of your business is local.

As for knowing what’s working I recommend adding both Google Analytics and Google Webmasters tools to your site. Combined, they will tell you lots about what search terms your site is being found for and what users are doing on your site.

All the best…

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    Nick5a1, post: 128566 wrote:
    Hi all,

Nick
    Who is your target audience? Without that answer it’s impossible to say what method may work best for your site/business.

tonyk
    Up

I would also suggest that you invest in SEO and blog regularly to show you are an expert in your field.

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    Nick5a1, post: 128566 wrote:
    Hi all,

Nick

Aside from search engine optimization, there are social bookmarking sites and article directories that can provide free traffic to new sites.

tonyk
    Up
    Dr., post: 128644 wrote:
    Aside from search engine optimization, there are social bookmarking sites and article directories that can provide free traffic to new sites.

Article directories aren’t overly effective from what I’ve heard.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Invest in Market Samurai, optimise your website and, most important, be patient – climbing the ranks of Google takes time.

Utilise social media.

Blog regularly about topics related to your field and also of interest to your target audience.

nduncan
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

If it’s a brand new website I would start by investing in an adwords campaign to drive initial traffic. Obviously you also need to do your keyword research as well however I find that adwords is a good way to get a real idea of what people are clicking through on.

Once you get a good idea of how people are finding you focus your efforts on your SEO to drive some organic traffic to the site.

In terms of knowing if it is working, bounce rate can be a great indicator of whether you are hitting the mark. If people don’t hang around it probably isn’t working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.