Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

I’m always open to constructive criticism and if the change is within my ability to do I will do it.

I feel like it might be information overload compared to most pet sitting sites which are very basic…. however I want my clients to have a reason other than checking out the services and prices to come back to my site every so often.

Basically I’m trying to get revenue from affiliate links not just the service itself since i rank top five if not the first for all of the keywords:

pet sitting gold coast
    pet minding gold coast
    dog walking gold coast
    dog walker gold coast
    etc

Gold Coast Pet Sitting

http://www.goldcoastpets.com.au

Platy
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

What about recipes ie doggie treats etc

That would make people come back especially if you had a new recipe every couple of weeks or what about some doggie training tips maybe.

I maybe wrong but just wondering if people would search under pet motel didn’t see that in the meta tags. HTH

Cheers

Anonymous
    Up

^^^ I’m not rating for pet motel as the bounce rate would be high because I’m not a pet motel.

I do have a blog I promote via my twitter.

My sidebar is already populated enough… I’m thinking I should place a link to the blog on my front page near the bottom … ?

Platy
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Wasn’t quite sure what you were after or trying to achieve without an indepth look at the site. Cheers

Anonymous
    Up

My first primary objective is to get pet sitting, dog walking and house sitting clients. My secondary objective for the website is to try to get my existing clients and/or new or even the odd random web visitor to click on affiliate links etc.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hello Vanessa,

I have had a bit of a look at your sight and have a few suggestions for you.

1. You need to have a more prominent call to action. In your case this will be a phone call or fill out your form. It took me a bit to find the contact you link.

2. To help achieve this, you could de-clutter the page. If dog walking etc is your main business, why not just a picture of a dog (s),a brief description of what you offer, and a big contact us button. Any other services could be lower down the page. You could promote each page as a separate service for ppc and seo if you wanted. Your phone number should be large for everyone to see on every page. Even on the contact page it is quite small.

I found the purple links in the sidebar a little hard to read.

3. I would get rid of the political statement on the front page, as I don’t think this has any relevance to your business, and might turn people off. Politics and business don’t mix well. Ditto with the hostgator logo.

4. Change your stats application. You traffic details should be private. Have you thought of Google Analytics?

5. Move your adsense and aff banners, as they cannot really be seen that well where there are.

I have not mentioned SEO but really how the design and accessibility of the site could be imporved to increase sales / leads. I liked your Facebook page!

Putting the blog on your own domain will help with SEO though.

Wishing you the the best of luck.

Matt

Anonymous
    Up

^^^ Woohoo… thanks for the awesome feedback! :-D

I’ll do that today (Sunday 9 November)…. thus those who are reviewing from tomorrow onwards will be (hopefully) seeing the finished result…

and yes even with all this feedback… you can never have too much! :-D

more! :)

ETA: website has been updated! tell me what you think now ?

Anonymous
    Up

I re-vamped the website…. anyone got any new opinions ?

I do have google analytics installed: http://grab.by/DH8

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.