Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website feedback: new business planner site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LukeHally
    • Total posts: 150
    Up
    ::

We’ve just done a new website for one of my wife’s businesses. She’s just had a Big Cartel site until now but decided it’s time for a real webpage – still using the Big Cartel store as there’s no issue with that.

She’s had great feedback from her customers but since she’s looking to grow the business it would be nice to get some feedback from people who aren’t her customer.

Any feedback appreciated, here it is: http://www.greenpea.com.au/

Thanks

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Wow, it is not often that I give feedback on a new online store where there isn’t very much to criticize. I love it.
    The only two things I don’t like are the use of the word ‘mama’ which is so cringeworthy and unprofessional, though I understand that if the target market is WAHMs then it might appeal to them, and having to go to a different site for the shop, though that is pretty seamless and well done so it probably doesn’t matter.

The text and descriptions are well done and the colour scheme is perfect, imo.

LukeHally
    Up
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 265247, member: 28171 wrote:
    The only two things I don’t like are the use of the word ‘mama’ which is so cringeworthy and unprofessional, though I understand that if the target market is WAHMs
    Thanks Rowan. I hear you on the ‘mama’, but you’re right that is the target niche at the moment. I think the plan is to broaden the message if we have capacity after that market is satisfied. The spelling of Mama, that’s an ongoing discussion we have!

Bringing the store in-house is on the cards, like everything, resourcing and priorities.

I’ll pass this along.

AngeMcD
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hi [USER=68089]@LukeHally[/USER]

Like your wife, I’m a planning freak, so when I saw that Green Pea Books was a planner I was excited. It’s a fantastic idea. My feedback:

The first thing that stood out for me was that the name didn’t match the colours of the website and it was a little jarring … I’d actually like to see green, I’m not so keen on the pink for girls thing :)

I’d also like the option of being able to zoom in on the pages of the planner so I can see what each page offers more closely.

Finally, it would be great to see a face on the “A bit about me” section. You’re wife has chosen to be really engaging and conversational in her content,which is great, so it would be a perfect touch to include a photo of her.

All the best!

LukeHally
    Up
    AngeMcD, post: 265310, member: 113882 wrote:
    Hi [USER=68089]@LukeHally[/USER]

Like your wife, I’m a planning freak, so when I saw that Green Pea Books was a planner I was excited. It’s a fantastic idea. My feedback:

The first thing that stood out for me was that the name didn’t match the colours of the website and it was a little jarring … I’d actually like to see green, I’m not so keen on the pink for girls thing :)

I’d also like the option of being able to zoom in on the pages of the planner so I can see what each page offers more closely.

Finally, it would be great to see a face on the “A bit about me” section. You’re wife has chosen to be really engaging and conversational in her content,which is great, so it would be a perfect touch to include a photo of her.

All the best!
    Thanks for the feedback [USER=113882]@AngeMcD[/USER]!

Regarding the colour, Green Pea doesn’t have any green in its colour palette, that was a branding decision my wife made when she started, but I’ll pass it along.

We were talking amongst ourselves about whether we should have bigger pics of the pages, I’ll add a tick to the yes column.

Good idea about the photo, I’ll pass that on.

Thanks again!

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

I like what you got going so far but I’m not a huge fan of the font. It’s a bit too thin making it hard to read. Not sure if it’s just me but maybe have a look. The title headers could be more bold to stand out more.

Other than that, the ecommerce side looks great, products look great. If you are thinking of growing the business, might I suggest sending some books to some SAHM and getting them to tag a specific tag back to gather momentum on social media.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
    LukeHally
    Up
    BusinessTrade, post: 265403, member: 113709 wrote:
    I like what you got going so far but I’m not a huge fan of the font. It’s a bit too thin making it hard to read. Not sure if it’s just me but maybe have a look. The title headers could be more bold to stand out more.

Other than that, the ecommerce side looks great, products look great. If you are thinking of growing the business, might I suggest sending some books to some SAHM and getting them to tag a specific tag back to gather momentum on social media.
    Thanks [USER=113709]@BusinessTrade[/USER], I did think the font was borderline. Which browser are you using?

Good idea, she does pretty well on instagram. She also organises insta-markets with WFHM businesses.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    LukeHally, post: 265408, member: 68089 wrote:
    Thanks [USER=113709]@BusinessTrade[/USER], I did think the font was borderline. Which browser are you using?

Chrome, I always revert back to sans type fonts just for readability and it could be my bias but the font appears quite thin and hard to read.

LukeHally, post: 265408, member: 68089 wrote:
    Good idea, she does pretty well on instagram. She also organises insta-markets with WFHM businesses.

That’s great, I can see she has quite a few followers. I think the notebooks and stuff she sells is pretty en trend at the moment. My partner loves this stuff as well and always talks about cute notebooks so I can definitely see the appeal.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.