Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website feedback please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    247 Health
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi all, just wanted to start a thread for small businesses to help each other.

I have just started a small family run business and I know its a long road ahead.

I would appreciate any feedback, so please, check out my website http://www.247health.com.au and let me know what you think.

Lets help each other here and share what works people.

247 Health

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Re: Small business helping small business

Hi 247

I like that the pictures are taken outdoors.

Steve

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Health 247,

Welcome!

Just had a look at your website. Not a bad start I would say.
    I think it would be nice to have a short welcome text on your home page.
    The Australian logo looks a bit tacky so right in the middle and would do a bit smaller and on the side.

It’s white and crisp, I like that. But I would change the category name “health products” to something else. I’m not sure if the hair brush or those colourful balls would be classified as a health product.

I’ll make sure to like your Facebook page. Can you please like mine as well? :-)

All the best and good luck with your venture!

Regards,
    Mel

247 Health
    Up

Thanks so much for the feedback. I will def look into improving aspects of my page. I entrusted a web designer and have been asked to go back and provide feedback to improve it so I definately will, liked on facebook too, thanks.

247 Health
    Up

Divert To Mobile, post: 129234 wrote:
    Hi 247

I like that the pictures are taken outdoors.

Steve

Thanks for the feedback. It took a while to find the right spot for the pictures, but I did. Hoping to invest in a better camera to retake all pictures just that little bit better once the web page is upgraded too :)

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Oh and I’m not sure if it’s the bad internet on my phone or the graphics on your website but I can’t seem to get it loading on my iPhone at all.

Will Like your page from my PC at home.

Regards,
    Mel

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

There is an awful lot of white space that could be put to good use.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Welcome to the right forum for you. Here we help small business. Being small / soloists we are inclined to help wherever we can.
    Read some of the older posts and you will get the idea

Just Launch
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi,

Just had a quick look at your website and wanted to add to the other useful info given by members.

* there is a lot of dead space under the “Featured Products” you could easily fill this with a Call to Action or Monthly Special
    * It took a while for the slider to get around to the Like Us on Facebook link, consider putting a ‘Follow Us’ section with social media links
    *An ABN in the footer would add a greater level of trust
    * Having every product discounted when your not a clearance house or similar makes me sceptical about your original pricing

Just my $0.02!

John Whale CA

247 Health
    Up

tonyk, post: 129248 wrote:
    There is an awful lot of white space that could be put to good use.

I agree. The issue I have is that I have paid a web designer to build it and am a novice :( I am trying to learn so I can capitilise on some aspects of the site.

I appreciate the feedback too

247 Health
    Up

Quote:
    * there is a lot of dead space under the “Featured Products” you could easily fill this with a Call to Action or Monthly Special
    * It took a while for the slider to get around to the Like Us on Facebook link, consider putting a ‘Follow Us’ section with social media links
    *An ABN in the footer would add a greater level of trust
    * Having every product discounted when your not a clearance house or similar makes me sceptical about your original pricing

Just my $0.02!

John Whale CA

I really do appreciate the feedback, I am learning so much every day. I am very grateful at the assistance. Cheers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi 247 Health,

I’ve moved your thread over here to the Community Reviews section of the forums, where it is more likely to be seen by people who are in a position to review the site for you.

In order to get the best possible feedback for your site, please take a quick read through of the guidelines you’ll find at the top of the page in this part of the forum, and include the answers to the following questions in the thread (or in your original post):

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be.

By the way, since the whole forum is about small business owners helping other small business owners, I’ve updated the thread title to make the topic clearer to readers.

Good luck for your review,
    Jayne

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Whitespace is not dead space. From a design & useability perspective, this site has far more chance of effectively engaging a potential buyer due to the intelligent use of white space, rather than the sites that throw everything bar the kitchen sink into every available space on a page. Studies have shown that the human brain can only process so many visual messages and/or options at the one time, and those sites that try to present every possible available option all at once run a far greater risk of the user simply giving up and moving on.

Please do not reduce the white space on the site, it works very well. What you might ask your designer to do is add a thin branding keyline or similar along the top in some way, and your welcome message style could use a bit of work. I would also think about perhaps a grid of products on the homepage, rather than the single rotating one. You already have a rotating image above the welcome message, two is a little annoying, and a grid will give you the chance to show more at one time.

And change the body font on the product detail page, that’s really ugly, and doesn’t match the nice clean lines of the site.

A few improvements like the above and you’ll have a very nice site.

247 Health
    Up

I will definately take the feedback on board. It is helpful receiving advice from people who are great in their respective fields. I hope I can help people down the track too :)

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi 247,
    First, people need to know:

• Who you are?
    • What you do?
    • Do you have the info they want?

You don’t tell them.

Why do you waste their time and your Home page space promoting someone else’s brand (Facebook) or free delivery when they don’t even know what you deliver free?

Why do you use all the animations? I expect Google Analytics will show you most people don’t spend long enough on your Home page to see through an animation cycle.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.