Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Feedback Please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I would be humbled if you could checkout my website & tell me what you think. Please don’t hold back … kick me where it hurts :D

http://affinityshop.com.au/

I know there are good things & bad things about my site. Obviously a work in progress. I know I also have to increase interest & try to get a higher conversion rate.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Kind Regards
    Chris

theholidayshoppe
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Chris,

Sorry, it’s taken me a while to get to your site and post a reply!

I found it easy to navigate and the items were categorized well.

Unfortunately I can’t give you great tips like some others on the workings of the site but from an outsider point of view, it’s the redundancy of some of the text like in the search box that I think could be fixed.

For example it says:

Search Products
    Search for:
    Search for products
    (and a button that says) Search

Perhaps the two headings can go and just leave the search box and button or take it to one heading and change what it says in the search box.

Also, maybe put a box for your sign up in the header or sidebar so it’s always visible and people don’t have to go looking for it in FAQ or Shipping sections as they may not remember to go back there after browsing (I’m sure it was elsewhere but I won’t list them all).

Well, I’ll go there, I’m sure there are other more qualified people to give you good advice as well, good luck!

Cheers,
    Michelle

Steve the Bartender
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

Hi affgar

I think that there is too much spacing between logo/menus and the slider is too large, this means that all your products are below the fold.

Personally, I think you should scrap the slider or at least make it a lot smaller.

Perhaps have some products from different categories in your Featured Products section, this way at a glance I can see that you stock gloves, goggles, respirators, etc. rather than just gloves.

e07a811800f7.png

affgar
    Up

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

I take your point about the featured slider steve. I do like it though.
    Will see what I can do about reducing it.

I don’t want to muck up the responsiveness though lol

Regards
    Chris

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

Hi Chris,

I think you have the basis for a decent online store, but it’s not very aesthetically pleasing to me at the moment.

I think your logo needs a lot of improvement – your current one looks very dated, and doesn’t reflect your product line or (what I imagine is) your target market at all. I would suggest either paying a designer, or going onto an online marketplace and finding a pre-made logo that is more modern and reflects what your business does. It doesn’t have to be expensive to get a decent logo.

I also don’t think the background photo is doing you any favours. I would prefer to see a plain background – even just white would be better in my opinion.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    John

Steve the Bartender
    • Total posts: 48
    Up
    affgar, post: 187790 wrote:
    Thanks for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

I take your point about the featured slider steve. I do like it though.
    Will see what I can do about reducing it.

I don’t want to muck up the responsiveness though lol

Don’t get me wrong, I like sliders too but I am considering changing mine to a static image the more I look into it. This is a brilliant argument as to why NOT to use them:
    shouldiuseacarousel.com

I ended up going with the Soliloquy responsive slider plugin. It does cost $19 but is the best I could find and has size and timing options. There is a coupon code “GOBIG14” for 25% off too.

affgar
    Up

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to review my website. I kind of agree with your sentiment.

I understand the logo doesn’t fit the product concept. It does however match my previously created business brand which is not meant to be modern.
    As I have said on previous post…. Affinity Shop is an evolved business formed out of my previous business. It has continuity with my previous & still operating brand.

It is however clear, & aimed at a certain market, include previous affluent high end clients. This may or may not be a wise move.

The background image could take some work. I will look at different options around that. I do however like the fact that it has a little interest & is fairly individual or unique in a sense. The clouds bring a sense of calm … I think. lol

You are dead on the money though with your thoughts. Purely creating a product website & choosing a branding like that without any prior reference or meaning would not look like a smart choice.

Thanks for sharing Steve. :) I will check it out.
    I appreciate the feedback.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.