Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Feedback required

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    EMT Australia
    • Total posts: 91
    Up
    ::

Greetings all,

Alot has happened in the last few months and my business partner and I have decided to move our company launch forward to October ths year in time for the end of year rush for freight.

Website is still a work in progress but at the moment i am looking for feedback to see if we are on the right track.

http://www.yeslogistics.com.au

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Good on you Andrew, moving forward one step at a time always gets us somewhere. I’ve had a quick look at your site and understand it is still a work in progress.

I find the text in the menu bar is very small – you should up it a font size or two, to make it more readable.

I encourage you to put your phone number in the header so it’s visible from the start. It’s amazing how many websites have their phone numbers hidden.

While your images indicate Sydney as your location, probably a good idea to put that in the header too, if it’s important to your clients.

I’d love to see it again once you’ve progressed further.

EMT Australia
    Up

Thanks for the feedback Kathie,

The Phone number is an issue we are aware of, we are just finalising a 1300 number to settle on and that will be on the front page.

As for the navbar issues, that is something i missed as I like seeing text small but need to accomodate what the clients see. I think i fixed the issues. Has this changed client side?

Also as we are a transport company, what are things you would look for if you were looking for a new freight transport provider?

kathiemt
    Up

I have to wear glasses and your navbar is very difficult to read. I expect anyone else with sight issues would have challenges with it also.

Things I would want to see – information about the company, who runs it and the years of experience. I did note that page was to come.

Contact details – forms are ok, but people like to know a location and a phone number in case they want to visit or pick up the phone and talk to someone.

Perhaps some case stories or testimonials would be good.

Images with people in it?

And I expect you know your Home page is the same as your Services page at the moment.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I would suggest adding a contact form. The more options you give for people to contact you the better.

EMT Australia
    Up

I have unpublished a few pages for now while they are being worked on and put the client information as the home page.

I’m thinking for the nav bar if i bold the text it may make it easier to read

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Andrew,

The first page is excellent. I cant describe it as Im not a designer but I feel really comfortable with it.
    Im sure you know the about page is a bit vacant on the right side.
    The other pages look fine too.

Well done

Steve

EMT Australia
    Up

Thanks steve,

I have been working all day based on earlier feedback.

Company will launch on October first and I will be out and about from Monday promoting the business. My business partner is coming by tonight so we can finalise all our contract paperwork and upload a few credit and account documents to the website at all.

There will be an online booking system but for now it is unpublished while we work out a few bugs.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Andrew84, post: 129908 wrote:
    Company will launch on October first and I will be out and about from Monday promoting the business.

Exciting times Andrew! Best of luck with it.

Jayne and the FS Crew

EMT Australia
    Up

Has only taken me all day but i think i finally got the contact number to work on the website.

Can anyone else see it?

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    Andrew84, post: 130035 wrote:
    Has only taken me all day but i think i finally got the contact number to work on the website.
    Can anyone else see it?

Nice one! I can see it :) Looking good.
    Peter

kathiemt
    Up

Yep, nice and clear and easily noticeable.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Andrew,
    What do you do?

It is the very first piece of info anyone needs about any business but you don’t tell us.

Other than an unkown busienss name, the first thing you ask is, “Why should you choose Yes Logistics?”

How can anyone answer that question when they don’t even know what you do?

I think you will find a huge bounce rate if you don’t answer this question immediately.
    Regs,
    JohnW

EMT Australia
    Up

I have added the new “landline” number to our header and added an RTA live traffic report scroller on the frontpage.

site is still a work in progress but what do we all think as it is now

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Well done, the number looks great ;)
    The scrolling traffic report is an excellent idea.

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.