Home – New Forums Starting your journey Website finally up and running

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #995547
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone,

    As some of you are aware I have been asking a few questions in regards to my website and labelling etc but finally I am happy to announce that my website is up and running.

    I did create it myself using wix and I would like to get everyone’s opinion.

    If you want to check it out the website is http://www.iolanibody.com

    Please be easy on me hehe

    thanks everyone for their help thus far

    #1202527
    Easysmb
    Member
    • Total posts: 84
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina,
    Congratulations and some feedback.
    1. Clean looking site.
    2. About us – no link; if so, you may want to present our story only.
    3. Our story page – Made Just for you, the paragraph’s position is a bit weird. Adjust spacing if you can. Also upper case of first letters are not consistent on three header.
    4. When pointing mouse on picture, the picture’s caption is not properly edited. Saying “IMG….”. Better to have picture linked to website address also.
    5. Build trust? how do you build trust for a not known brand? Do you need to show like lab report or anything to increase trust worthiness? just my thinking.

    Good luck.

    #1202528
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    Easysmb, post: 240210, member: 80732 wrote:
    Hi Christina,
    Congratulations and some feedback.
    1. Clean looking site.
    2. About us – no link; if so, you may want to present our story only.
    3. Our story page – Made Just for you, the paragraph’s position is a bit weird. Adjust spacing if you can. Also upper case of first letters are not consistent on three header.
    4. When pointing mouse on picture, the picture’s caption is not properly edited. Saying “IMG….”. Better to have picture linked to website address also.
    5. Build trust? how do you build trust for a not known brand? Do you need to show like lab report or anything to increase trust worthiness? just my thinking.

    Good luck.
    Thank you for your feedback,

    I have made all the changes just waiting for it to upload. Thanks again

    #1202529
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    0
    ::

    A couple of comments,

    Why would I want to join your mailing list before I have even had a chance to look at your products, don’t hit me in the face to sign up.

    A PS to that, will you spam me if you do.

    Hmmm – strive to use 100% certified organic ingredients, so you only strive to use 100%, so in reality you may only use 70%.

    And of course, there is never any testing on animals – So has it been tested, or am I the guinea pig. Explain how you do test it

    As our products are made with natural ingredients they can naturally last two years athough we recommend using them within eight months. – This just doesn’t make sense, why should I use it within 8 month if it can last 2 years.

    We are doing our absolute best, and all we want is for you to be happy. In fact, we 100% guarantee our products and our service. That means if you are dissatisfied for any reason, we will figure out how to make it up to you, and we will make it super easy for you. By the end of this whole ordeal, we are going to be friends again, you’ll see. – What does this mean, I want to know what you will do for me before I buy not some waffly promise to figure it out.

    Due to the small-batch, fresh nature of our products, we cannot accept returns of open products. We encourage you to try our minis if you are new to the line. If you want to return unopened products, have an error in your order, or received damaged products, please contact us – Doesn’t this contravene ACCC guidelines, faulty products can be returned

    RESPONSIBLY SOURCED – Ok to use a politicians line – Please explain


    81af6121f84c41a5b4391d7d37fce12a.png

    #1202530
    J.Zkan
    Member
    • Total posts: 87
    Up
    0
    ::

    The website seems a bit off colour to me. Needs to hit me in the face like this website – http://www.ynatural.com.au

    Also says here it wasn’t tested on animals. How do i know it will be safe to use on my skin?

    Ingredients must be included on the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS)

    In the FAQ i see nothing about ingredients in your product, this is something i would ask or would want to know about.

    Why should i purchase your product?
    What is your niche?
    What do you love?
    What are the special needs of your skin?
    If selling your products, what will make them stand out from your competitors?

    Nothing on that website tells me anything special.

    Also the pop-up message that annoyed me when i first visited your website, made me want to get out straight away.

    #1202531
    J.Zkan
    Member
    • Total posts: 87
    Up
    0
    ::

    Please do not take any offense at all, this is me being honest and something you might take in and improve your product. That being said, your labeling needs a make over, it looks very cheap and extremely plain with no color, something i would never buy.

    I showed my wife to get her reaction, she hated the way it’s presented (she buys a lot of skin care products)

    #1202532
    Mischelle
    Member
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina,

    Well done on getting your site up and running :) I know the hard work you have put in to get these products ready for market.

    Now onto the feedback:

    HOME PAGE:

    It’s fresh looking, but may I suggest using this space for giving more information on you and your products. What makes your products unique? Maybe emphasize that you make each order by hand on the home page.

    PLEASE remove the Mailing List pop up when you first go to the site, this puts many people off. These pop ups are best used when the person if leaving the site, as they scroll to the close tab area. That is a setting in Wix.

    OUR STORY:

    There is nothing about you, your history, why you got into this, why you chose these products to launch etc etc

    Maybe some images of your making the products. All of this is to add credibility.

    SHOP:

    You only have a small range so you need to make the most of it, I suggest a few more images for each product, I know this is hard, but maybe a image of all the ingredients in little piles with labels? Just food for thought.

    ALSO, please change the name on the shop page for your Body Scrub to Coconut Body Scrub, at first glance no-one will know it’s coconut which is a huge feature of that product, and so yummy smelling :)

    OVERALL:

    The site is fresh and clean, which I really like, but to build your client base you need to show a LOT more about you and how you make these products to build trust with your customers.

    The first 4 questions in the FAQ’s can be used to create a lot more content for your site.

    Good luck and you are getting some great feedback from everyone.

    Keep us posted :)

    #1202533
    Peter – FS Administrator
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina,

    Congrats on getting the products in production and website up and running :)

    As Mischelle mentioned it’s such a deceptively hard slog to get from idea to live, and then from being live to generating regular sales. On that note, I do hope that you see the feedback as just steps along that path rather then criticism, as I know it can come across as a bit too brutally honest at a vulnerable business stage!

    As others have mentioned, I really like the simplicity of the design. There’s never a ‘right’ answer in labelling design, but I also really like the clean black & white labelling, as I feel it matches the pared back brand you have with a small number of natural ingredients etc… while you can’t appeal to everyone, I think that will resonate with what I imagine your target audience may be.

    As a few others have pointed out, this simplicity could be balanced nicely over time by adding some words and imagery with more of your personal story – perhaps descriptions or images of how it’s made, why you love it, how it’s used, how it makes you feel, why your started, your background/passions, customer reviews eventually etc… as a small business owner this personality and handmade message can help you stand out with a point of difference. Your personality starts to shine through in the FAQs, so as Mischelle also suggested expanding on some of that tone/content and brining it into other pages and product descriptions could work nicely.

    Having said all that, don’t be overwhelmed by all the feedback or think that you have to take it all on board in a hurry – or at all. Just pick what makes sense to you and chip away over time. The reality is that websites and marketing are never finished :) … they are always in a state of continual improvement and re-invention. Getting up and running is the first massive hurdle that many don’t get past.

    All the best with the business,
    Peter

    #1202534
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    Mischelle, post: 240239, member: 60404 wrote:
    Hi Christina,

    Well done on getting your site up and running :) I know the hard work you have put in to get these products ready for market.

    Now onto the feedback:

    HOME PAGE:

    It’s fresh looking, but may I suggest using this space for giving more information on you and your products. What makes your products unique? Maybe emphasize that you make each order by hand on the home page.

    PLEASE remove the Mailing List pop up when you first go to the site, this puts many people off. These pop ups are best used when the person if leaving the site, as they scroll to the close tab area. That is a setting in Wix.

    OUR STORY:

    There is nothing about you, your history, why you got into this, why you chose these products to launch etc etc

    Maybe some images of your making the products. All of this is to add credibility.

    SHOP:

    You only have a small range so you need to make the most of it, I suggest a few more images for each product, I know this is hard, but maybe a image of all the ingredients in little piles with labels? Just food for thought.

    ALSO, please change the name on the shop page for your Body Scrub to Coconut Body Scrub, at first glance no-one will know it’s coconut which is a huge feature of that product, and so yummy smelling :)

    OVERALL:

    The site is fresh and clean, which I really like, but to build your client base you need to show a LOT more about you and how you make these products to build trust with your customers.

    The first 4 questions in the FAQ’s can be used to create a lot more content for your site.

    Good luck and you are getting some great feedback from everyone.

    Keep us posted :)

    Hi,

    Thank you for your advice. I have since removed the mailing list pop up as a few others have also mentioned that idea. I do agree with your suggestion in regards to giving more information as to who I am and what makes my brand unique, I will look into ways to incorporate that information.

    I also do agree with your suggestions in regards to the my story section and I will look into adding some more stuff.

    I do love your suggestion in regards to my shop section and I have changed the body scrub to read coconut body scrub, that is a good point that you made (and yes its sooo yummy hehe)

    I did have a question though, you made a suggestion of having all the ingredients in a little pile with the label, are you able to elaborate as I am having a hard time trying to picture it.

    But overall thank you for being kind, I do love all your suggestions and will be looking into making the changes

    #1202535
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    Peter – FS Administrator, post: 240244, member: 1 wrote:
    Hi Christina,

    Congrats on getting the products in production and website up and running :)

    As Mischelle mentioned it’s such a deceptively hard slog to get from idea to live, and then from being live to generating regular sales. On that note, I do hope that you see the feedback as just steps along that path rather then criticism, as I know it can come across as a bit too brutally honest at a vulnerable business stage!

    As others have mentioned, I really like the simplicity of the design. There’s never a ‘right’ answer in labelling design, but I also really like the clean black & white labelling, as I feel it matches the pared back brand you have with a small number of natural ingredients etc… while you can’t appeal to everyone, I think that will resonate with what I imagine your target audience may be.

    As a few others have pointed out, this simplicity could be balanced nicely over time by adding some words and imagery with more of your personal story – perhaps descriptions or images of how it’s made, why you love it, how it’s used, how it makes you feel, why your started, your background/passions, customer reviews eventually etc… as a small business owner this personality and handmade message can help you stand out with a point of difference. Your personality starts to shine through in the FAQs, so as Mischelle also suggested expanding on some of that tone/content and brining it into other pages and product descriptions could work nicely.

    Having said all that, don’t be overwhelmed by all the feedback or think that you have to take it all on board in a hurry – or at all. Just pick what makes sense to you and chip away over time. The reality is that websites and marketing are never finished :) … they are always in a state of continual improvement and re-invention. Getting up and running is the first massive hurdle that many don’t get past.

    All the best with the business,
    Peter

    Hi,

    Thank you so much for your advice and opinion. I am glad that you like the labelling as it has been a bit of an issue, some like it some hate it so im still up in the air about it.

    I do agree about adding a bit more info as you suggested and I will definitely look into making the changes

    Thanks again

    #1202536
    Corey
    Member
    • Total posts: 568
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina,

    Congrats on your online presence.

    1. Why the .com if the products are made in Sydney, Australia?
    2. A privacy Policy is needed to highlight to site users what you intend to do with the information collected.

    Cheers
    Corey

    #1202537
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    0
    ::
    Corey, post: 240306, member: 31331 wrote:
    Hi Christina,

    Congrats on your online presence.

    2. A privacy Policy is needed to highlight to site users what you intend to do with the information collected.

    Cheers
    Corey
    A privacy policy is also needed if you ever want to want to advertise your products on Adwords.

    #1202538
    PaulW
    Member
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina
    Huge congrats for getting this far and for being open to feedback. Keep that attitude and you will be a winner.
    You’ve had a lot of comments already about design, links, labels etc. all I can add is that Google currently rate the site as not mobile friendly which isn’t good for you.
    Google have a test page you can use to check yourself. It’s https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
    Just put your sites address in and it will analize it for you and give you the results.
    If you ever decide you’d like a hand with it let me know.
    Cheers
    Paul

    #1202539
    Christina2590
    Member
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    0
    ::
    PaulW, post: 240530, member: 76987 wrote:
    Hi Christina
    Huge congrats for getting this far and for being open to feedback. Keep that attitude and you will be a winner.
    You’ve had a lot of comments already about design, links, labels etc. all I can add is that Google currently rate the site as not mobile friendly which isn’t good for you.
    Google have a test page you can use to check yourself. It’s https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
    Just put your sites address in and it will analize it for you and give you the results.
    If you ever decide you’d like a hand with it let me know.
    Cheers
    Paul

    Hi Paul,

    Thank you for your input. I actually did have a mobile friendly site however when I updated my home pages and added a slideshow, it just doesn’t work on the mobile friendly site so I had to turn it off as I couldn’t work out how to make it work

    #1202540
    MikeDav
    Member
    • Total posts: 163
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Christina,
    Nice looking website, well done.

    It may be worth taking a look at your on page SEO or getting an expert to take a look at it.

    From what I can see your page titles are all identical at the moment which will limit your reach. Also, the pages themselves haven’t been optimised for any specific region. Optimising for a region is usually a good start and can give some quick wins.

    Good luck with the new venture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.