Home – New Forums Selling online website help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I have spent many many hours (watching many many youtube clips) setting up my own e-commerce website. HUGE learning curve for me!! I still struggle with C-panel. I have 2 domain names one I have parked with my server and its about to expire……anyway without going into too many details…..what I would really like to know is .. is possible / advisable to pay someone for a bit of website help re managing my domains, can this be done over the net, and what would I expect to pay for this service….? Any help or advice would be welcome Thanks

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Jeanette , post: 210307 wrote:
    Hi there,
    I have spent many many hours (watching many many youtube clips) setting up my own e-commerce website. HUGE learning curve for me!! I still struggle with C-panel. I have 2 domain names one I have parked with my server and its about to expire……anyway without going into too many details…..what I would really like to know is .. is possible / advisable to pay someone for a bit of website help re managing my domains, can this be done over the net, and what would I expect to pay for this service….? Any help or advice would be welcome ThanksWhat do you need help with?

What hosting do you have? What type of website is it?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Matthew,
    my website is lillypillyprint.com. and I also have lillypillyprint.com.au. One is a wordpress site using woo commerce and the other uses opencart At the moment I have a rather confusing set up with my domain (because I don’t really understand how to set it up properly). I have a parked domain that redirects. I’m sure it could be set up a lot better…just not quite sure how to do it..

Anonymous
    Up

…sorry …to answer your question I use VentraIP

MatthewKeath
    Up

As long as it works, then it’s fine.

Do you not want to redirect?

Anonymous
    Up

Hey Matthew,
    Thanks for getting back to me… ok well if you think its oK to leave it like that purhaps I will.. It will certainly make it easier. :)
    So I had just one other issue… and I realise you’ve already given me your time already so feel free not to help…..but..one of my domain names was originally bought through Shopify – I have since closed my store with them (and set up my own website) and they have sent me a letter to say it is about to expire.My new host says I have to supply a “epp key or Auth code” to transfer the domain name to them…any idea where I can find this?
    Thanks again for your help so far…any other pointers you can give me would be appreciated. :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Strange this afternoon, I went to both sites and they came up as 2 seperate sites, now I go to both and one redirects to the other. Interesting

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

If you had a shopify site, it would have been built on a domain – this is what is about to expire-so if you have then built your own site on this same domain and it is due to renewal – and you have moved to a different host you can transfer the domain to a different registrar.
    You need to get the authority code from who ever you purchased the shopify domain from (presumably shopify) – so just contact them and tell them what you are doing.
    But it is not really clear what you mean here.

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Thorn…
    sorry… I’m not explaining myself very well
    Shopify was lillypillyprint.com
    left them and started my own site lillypillyprint.com.au
    parked lillypillyprint.com with my new host
    Started a new business using lillypillyprint.com that I redirected to lillypillyprint.com.au …so I kinda have two things happening on the same domain name…..
    Yeah I know….. I’m so confused!!

Hey bb1 – thats very strange??…I just typed both in and got 2 separate “sites” (on the same domain)

Anyway guys….thanks so much for trying to help..

Anonymous
    Up

P.S… I will try to contact Shopify and hope they give me the info I need
    Thanks

MatthewKeath
    Up
    Jeanette , post: 210335 wrote:
    P.S… I will try to contact Shopify and hope they give me the info I need
    Thanksyou were clear :)

You need to talk to Shopify to get yor domain :)

Good luck!

Anonymous
    Up

Thanks so much for your help Matthew – have a great evening. :)

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Jeanette, can I ask why you decided to leave Shopify? Any product feedback is always helpful. Both to me and others on the forum I’m sure.

Anonymous
    Up

Hi James,
    re leaving shopify….
    I started off trying to sell Agedcare activity products through my shopify store – (my original day job was in this industry) unfortunately although I got a lot of positive feedback from those in the industry it didn’t result in many sales.
    I thought I’d give something else a go (sucker for punishment!) so I started designing downloadable digital paper and the plan I was on with shopify had a limit on the number of downloadable items you could list.
    Moved to Etsy (they have a really good instant download feature) and then decided to have ago at my own website as well.
    I still have not had much sucess, but continue to try and build up my profile on social media and am learning what I can about SEO etc.
    Don’t know if I will ever get anywhere selling online but am really enjoying the challenges of “having a go”…..and isn’t that the Aussie way!

Anonymous
    Up

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that some comments have been removed from this thread as they were from a spammer. Posts in response to those comments have also been removed for clarity.

And a reminder, if you spot someone you think is dodgy, please report the posts to us here at FSHQ using the Report posts tab at the top right of every post, and we will get on to it ASAP.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.