Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website ovehauled – would love your opinion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I’m completely overhauling my website and putting it in WordPress. It is still very much a work in progress so some pages may or may not work, links can be broken etc

What I need are reviews on is the homepage only. I went from having lots of text to having just some highlights about the company and an embedded youtube video (the video is not ready yet so the one the page is just a dummy one). Do you think that the homepage has enough info to attract clients and explain at a glance what my message is.

I also want to find out if it loads well on other than Internet Explorer and Safari browsers.

Here is the link to the temp platform http://mainaplus.com/aps/

Thank you all in advance :)

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi – loads Mac Safari ok.

Re the picture – do you really look after pet snakes? If not, then please remove from photo pic. Make sure the pic only depicts what you look after.

Cheers.

PS Glad to know you look after every imaginable pet (as below post)

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi – loads Mac Safari ok.

Re the picture – do you really look after pet snakes? If not, then please remove from photo pic. Make sure the pic only depicts what you look after.

Cheers.

PS Glad to know you look after every imaginable pet (as below post)

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

Hi Karen,

Yes we do look after every imaginable pet

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

Hi Karen,

Yes we do look after every imaginable pet

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

fine in Chrome.

You might want to try something like http://browsershots.org/

What is Browsershots?
    Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different operating systems and browsers. It is a free open-source online web application providing developers a convenient way to test their website’s browser compatibility in one place. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to our central dedicated server for your review.

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

fine in Chrome.

What is Browsershots?
    Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different operating systems and browsers. It is a free open-source online web application providing developers a convenient way to test their website’s browser compatibility in one place. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to our central dedicated server for your review.

PocketDocket
    • Total posts: 156
    Up

I get this error when following your link:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/kaylazco/public_html/mainaplus.com/aps/wp-content/themes/Adora/functions.php on line 9

Also, if I go to mainaplus.com it looks like a graphic design/photography website based in the US.

You may want to put your website link up again in case I got it wrong.

Jeremy

PocketDocket
    • Total posts: 156
    Up

I get this error when following your link:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/kaylazco/public_html/mainaplus.com/aps/wp-content/themes/Adora/functions.php on line 9

Also, if I go to mainaplus.com it looks like a graphic design/photography website based in the US.

You may want to put your website link up again in case I got it wrong.

Jeremy

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

As a side note I visited primary domain on your link… I assume these are the people who designed the website?

Anyway when I go to the site my firewall tells me that it’s just blocked a trojan horse virus?!!?

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

As a side note I visited primary domain on your link… I assume these are the people who designed the website?

Anyway when I go to the site my firewall tells me that it’s just blocked a trojan horse virus?!!?

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

Jeremy,

mainaplus.com is my webdesigner and this is his testing platform before we change it over with the old website.

Thanks for letting me know about the error will let designer know.

LemonChip,

You are the first person who’s fire wall has a problem :(

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up

Jeremy,

mainaplus.com is my webdesigner and this is his testing platform before we change it over with the old website.

Thanks for letting me know about the error will let designer know.

LemonChip,

You are the first person who’s fire wall has a problem :(

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 108592 wrote:
    fine in Chrome.

What is Browsershots?

Thanks for that will go and have a look now :)

AdvancedPetSitting
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 108592 wrote:
    fine in Chrome.

What is Browsershots?

Thanks for that will go and have a look now :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.