Home Forums New here? Share your story Website prevented bad Google reviews

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Moola88
    • Total posts: 5

Hi All,

A business colleague of mine recommended using badreviewr.com as a form of business insurance to prevent customers from leaving potentially bad Google reviews about my business.

I had some success with this site with two customers that claimed I sold them wireless earphones that didn’t meet the audio decibel range stated on the packaging (85 to 110dB).

I checked with the manufacture (In Guangzhou) and it turns out my customers were correct. The manufacturer acknowledged they made a “mistake” on the packaging, after they retested their products.

My question is, in this COVID environment what recourse of action do I have against the manufacturer? I can’t sue (I don’t have the funds) so I’m wondering if there is an Australian body that can represent me against the manufacture and seek financial compensation?

Any help would be appreciated as this is causing me undue stress and I don’t want any bad Google reviews about my business being left.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I don’t know your situation but it seems from what you have written that you are taking this issue too much to heart.
    Customers have every right to complain about poor quality products that they buy, and although that is not the heart of your question, all you can do is test your products frequently and offer really good customer service and guarantees so that your customers are less likely to go public with their complaints.
    You can’t please everyone and sometimes every business gets unhappy customers. You have to accept that and just know that you have done your best and move on. It is not the end of the world.

Getting financial satisfaction from an overseas supplier is difficult and usually not worth the trouble for a medium sized business, let alone a small one. Your supplier has probably fixed the issue and that is all you can hope for. It is up to you whether you trust them enough to keep purchasing from them or not, or maybe look for a different supplier. If you can’t afford to sue, I doubt that anyone will help you in a complicated situation like this for less.

You just have to look on this as a learning opportunity.

comicad
    • Total posts: 10
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 271520, member: 28171 wrote:
    I don’t know your situation but it seems from what you have written that you are taking this issue too much to heart.
    Customers have every right to complain about poor quality products that they buy, and although that is not the heart of your question, all you can do is test your products frequently and offer really good customer service and guarantees so that your customers are less likely to go public with their complaints.
    You can’t please everyone and sometimes every business gets unhappy customers. You have to accept that and just know that you have done your best and move on. It is not the end of the world.

Getting financial satisfaction from an overseas supplier is difficult and usually not worth the trouble for a medium sized business, let alone a small one. Your supplier has probably fixed the issue and that is all you can hope for. It is up to you whether you trust them enough to keep purchasing from them or not, or maybe look for a different supplier. If you can’t afford to sue, I doubt that anyone will help you in a complicated situation like this for less.

You just have to look on this as a learning opportunity.
    Agree. Just live and learn is all you can do.

It’s great to finally see a solution like badreviewr.com proactively prevent negative online reviews for businesses. Dealing with bad/negative reviews is a problem for just about all businesses.

BeOurCEO
    • Total posts: 7

Slight homepage change I noticed @ badreviewr.com

I’ve registered my business with badreviewr only because I wouldn’t be too keen on paying $1000s to companies to “attempt” to remove a negative online review about my business.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

[USER=119697]@Moola88[/USER],

If this is a 2-customer problem, then an apology, refund, and buy them a competitor’s product to the right specifications would likely make them happy customers (maybe even a positive review). Total cost likely $100-500 depending on what kind of headphones you sell.

If it’s not worth paying that much, then the problem is a sub-$500 one and therefore not worth any further worry.

Just an idea for a more creative solution.
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    comicad, post: 271521, member: 1845 wrote:
    Agree. Just live and learn is all you can do.

It’s great to finally see a solution like badreviewr.com proactively prevent negative online reviews for businesses. Dealing with bad/negative reviews is a problem for just about all businesses.

And what is wrong with a bad review, I would rather deal with a business that admits they have made an error, then one that has 100% good reviews, but in real life they have crap service or products but use other ,means to suppress the bad reviews. We all have the odd problem, its how you fix it that matters, often the best bad review is the one that says, but they fixed it in a great way.

Oh by the way are you aware it is against Australian consumer law to bury bad reviews. Not sure how legal this website is under Australian law.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

Great point [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER], I would love more websites to call out their bad reviews.

“We’ve had a couple of bad reviews like every company, but we’ve learnt from each one and here’s a couple of things we’ve improved this year…”

People don’t realise the most believable company usually wins the business.
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.