Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Website Promotion

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #966935
    TheBifoldDoorsMan
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi All

    I’m new to this forum:

    I’ve got a website for my business but am wanting to get more visitors to the site. We are a company which supply and fit doors in Perth including bifold doors, sliding, French etc.

    I’ve tried google adwords but is there anything else i can do to promote the site. Any feedback on the site would also be apprciated it’s http://www.doorstop.net.au

    #1022013
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,

    you mention you tried adwords, I’m just wondering if it was done properly (most people don’t really ‘get it’ and end up wasting money). Honestly there is so much to it, it simply is not possible for inexperienced users to succeed in many or even most cases now. We’ve seen people use keywords like ‘door’ when advertising products like yours, which is not likely to be a successful venture!

    Check out the links in my sig if you like, there is some info on my blog as to how to approach SEO too.

    #1022014
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi BifoldDoorsMan,
    Sorry that I don’t know your name to say g’day more personally!

    Thanks for your nice comments about the forum on your other post :)

    As Aidan said (and no doubt others will join him with more comments), there is lots to take into account when you’re new to AdWords.

    In the meantime, to get the best out of your request for people to review your website, I recommend posting it in the Community Reviews section of the site: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/community-reviews/

    It works best if you can take the time to answer the questions above that section of the forum beforehand, as it gives those who review your site a context and some ideas about your goals and objectives.

    Welcome to Flying Solo, and all the best to you and your business,
    Jayne

    #1022015
    kenmac
    Member
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi – as Aidan points out there’s a lot to know when using Google’s Adwords.

    For example, were you aware that you can have your PPC advertisements just show in the Perth area – say within 20kms of the centre of Perth ?

    Again, the right keywords/phrases are essential when doing Adwords as is relevancy.

    Also, I would have your address shown prominently on your Home Page. Maybe I’m wrong but when I had a quick look I couldn’t see exactly where you’re located.

    Anyway, hope that helps a little.

    #1022016
    Steve_Minshall
    Member
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    0
    ::

    Its a shame your “.com.au” URL has been grabbed by a marketing company to serve PPC ads. You may be losing traffic by customers incorrectly using this address.

    I would try contacting the owner of this URL and see if at the very least you can negotiate a very prominent link back to your site or see what it would take to pursuade them to release it.

    I am sure some internet people see this sort of business as a ligitimate income stream but geez it irritates me.

    To find out who is the owner of a website try http://www.whois.com.au

    #1022017
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    Aah look at that another Bangalore post.

    Anyone remember that Monthy Python song?, how does it go again?:

    spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

    #1022018
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::
    Aidan, post: 26248 wrote:
    spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

    Hi Aidan,
    The spammer is gone now :)

    Please feel free to report any spam you see by using the ‘Report post’ button – there are four of us who receive the reports, and we can be much quicker to remove it that way,

    Thanks as always,
    Jayne

    #1022020
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Jayne,

    love to now I’ve found the repot link!

    #1022021
    TheBifoldDoorsMan
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::
    Aidan, post: 26131 wrote:
    Hi there,

    you mention you tried adwords, I’m just wondering if it was done properly (most people don’t really ‘get it’ and end up wasting money). Honestly there is so much to it, it simply is not possible for inexperienced users to succeed in many or even most cases now. We’ve seen people use keywords like ‘door’ when advertising products like yours, which is not likely to be a successful venture!

    Check out the links in my sig if you like, there is some info on my blog as to how to approach SEO too.

    Thanks for the advice folks.

    Google adwords is working out well and seems to be converting alot of business for bifold doors.

    I’m trying to get higher on the free area on search engines.

    Feels like some pay per clicks firms robbed me when they only recently bought domain names for bifold doors after signing up to a site!

    Anyway any advice to getting better results for terms like:

    Bifold doors
    French doors
    sliding doors etc

    Also could i get people to go straight to the bifold door or relevant page other than landing on the home page.

    Thanks for the advice on the address

    Dan

    #1022022
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    G’day mate,

    When you are trying to keep things simple its often best to target one keyword per page. So in your case you could have a page all about ‘Timber Bi-Fold Doors’ with the meta title saying that (not the way it currently shows on your site). Make that heading on the top of the text a H1 for good measure. (You can use css to control how it actually appears on the page)
    Give the pictures on the page alt tags like ‘timber bi-fold doors – example 1’ and try to get other relevant sites to link to that page using ‘bi-fold timber doors’ and very similar phrases as the anchor text.

    If that all means gobbildigook it should not to your web guy so get him to take care of it though you’ll probably be the one looking for links from suppliers, furniture outlets, etc.

    I’ve tried to explain this sort of stuff on an article I wrote on Website SEO, it might be of help to look it over.

    That site has ads – just ignore them.

    #1022023
    kenmac
    Member
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::
    TheBifoldDoorsMan, post: 26461 wrote:
    Also could i get people to go straight to the bifold door or relevant page other than landing on the home page.

    Dan

    Hi Dan – yes, you could have your Display URL as your Home Page and Your Destination Page as your timber Bi-fold Doors Page or your French doors page or whatever.

    Your Destination URL can be up to 1024 characters.

    So, for example you Display URL could be
    : http://www.doorstop.net.au/

    OR just have

    DoorStop.net.au (Note the initial capitals and without the www etc)

    and your Destination URL: http://www.doorstop.net.au/products/bifold_doors.html (this has to be the full URL)

    The same for your other pages. But remember to make your advertisements as relevant to the Destination URL as possible and use words, particularly in the Headline, that people would search for.

    This would make your advertisements more relevant and therefore you may obtain a higher quality score from Google.

    For example:

    Headline: Timber Bifold Doors Perth
    Description line 1: Elegant, versatile and custom made
    Description line 2: Choice of high quality wood
    Display URL: DoorStop.net.au
    Destination URL: http:// | http://www.doorstop.net.au/products/bifold_doors.html

    Anyway, hope that helps.

    #1022024
    businesstrader
    Member
    • Total posts: 77
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me guys……

    I own and run a business for sale site is Australia which ranks very high in google and other search engines. I do all of my own SEO and have many years experience in this field (in my signature).

    Applying SEO to your site is definitely the way to go, however you first need to do a keyword analysis before choosing your keywords to target.

    After looking at your META Title, I can tell you that it is way to long and should be no longer than 60 characters. Here you should place a catchy title which includeds your keywords.

    After your on page SEO is complete I would recommend hiring an SEO company to do some bot herding using your robots file. I can see that your site is losing a lot of power and also does not validate (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.doorstop.net.au%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0).

    I hope these tips guide you in the right direction.

    Regards

    BusinessTrader
    Peter

    #1022025
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::
    businesstrader, post: 26996 wrote:
    Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me guys……

    I own and run a business for sale site is Australia which ranks very high in google and other search engines. I do all of my own SEO and have many years experience in this field (in my signature).

    Applying SEO to your site is definitely the way to go, however you first need to do a keyword analysis before choosing your keywords to target.

    After looking at your META Title, I can tell you that it is way to long and should be no longer than 60 characters. Here you should place a catchy title which includeds your keywords.

    After your on page SEO is complete I would recommend hiring an SEO company to do some bot herding using your robots file. I can see that your site is losing a lot of power and also does not validate (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.doorstop.net.au%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0).

    I hope these tips guide you in the right direction.

    Regards

    BusinessTrader
    Business for Sale

    Hey Dude – welcome and congrats on the SEO job you have done – no question on that!

    But I did want to question the bot herding and validation bit if thats ok – I’m really interested to hear from anyone who has found any value at all in those aspects – I’ve spent years looking for it and so far never yet seen any influence from having a robots file like yours (which is not actually herding as such just disallowing and no-indexing) and I have never seen a site suffer in SEO because of non validation!

    Just for fun I just tried putting google.com.au into that ‘validation check’ and found MORE errors than our doorstop enquirer – how on earth would it matter?

    What loss of power did you mean?

    Cheers and again Congrats :)

    #1022026
    DKBlair
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::

    All great SEO advice here in the posts.

    Another way to help build traffic to your site is create short how to videos or a promo infomercial and submit to video sharing sites like You Tube.

    And if you pick the right keyword phrases you can get your videos to appear in Google search. Sometimes in multiple positions.

    You Tube is now the number 2 search engine in the world and video isnt going to go away.

    My 2 cents anyway

    #1022027
    wordmistress
    Member
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    0
    ::
    DKBlair, post: 27039 wrote:
    Another way to help build traffic to your site is create short how to videos or a promo infomercial and submit to video sharing sites like You Tube.

    And if you pick the right keyword phrases you can get your videos to appear in Google search. Sometimes in multiple positions.

    You Tube is now the number 2 search engine in the world and video isnt going to go away.

    Yes, all indications point to that in recent times. It’ll be fantastic for Youtube to start being used for more honourable purposes! Fewer schoolground fights, kids recovering from dental anaesthetic and wannabe American Idols, and more how-to videos. Looking forward to that! I love a good how-to!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.