Home – New Forums Starting your journey Website quality

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christina2590
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am putting together my website and have taken photos which I have uploaded however I feel like it looks a little dodgy. Could you please give me your input and let me know if you think its not that bad or if its worth me getting a professional to take the pics?

nduell
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

Hi Christina,

The actual photography of the product is not too bad, however it doesn’t really get me excited about the product. How did you do the cutting out to the white background? As this looks a bit dodgy and off putting.

You should send your product photos to a online clipping service, one done by humans. It will give you better results.

(We do offer such a service available here: https://duellingpixels.com/clipping-paths-deep-etching-masking/. if you are interested please pm me. )

My tip would be to not to use such a wide lens? Was it shot with a mobile phone? Also, is there wrapping still on the jar?

I would suggest trying again, with the wrapper off, pull the camera back slightly, and shoot from a lower angle as this will make the jar seam larger.

Cheers,

Nick

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    Christina2590, post: 239522, member: 57952 wrote:
    if you think its not that bad or if its worth me getting a professional to take the pics?

I think your clipping definitely needs a bit of work. And the text isn’t that clear, so it does look a bit DIY.

However, don’t give up. There’s a great tutorial on the Shopify blog about how to get good looking photos yourself.
    https://www.shopify.com.au/blog/12206313-the-ultimate-diy-guide-to-beautiful-product-photography

And yes, outsourcing the clipping/editting is a great idea.

J.Zkan
    • Total posts: 87
    Up

Photo looks like it’s been cropped from Paint. It does look dodgy.

Photoshop is a great tool for these kind of things, highly recommend using it.

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi There,
    Is your website retail facing? If yes, NO, the picture is not good enough.
    Who is your target client?
    What is your marketing point? family made or home made? if you marketing this way, you can use more personally connected pictures, and you may not need to clip the pictures or take better one on cleaner background.

You more likely need professional for packaging your product and define your concept right.

Good luck.

ckgdesign
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

I agree with Easysmb. This looks a long way off the way it should. You need to get a professional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.