Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Layla
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    ::

Hi again,

I have finally got around to updating my website.

Please see: http://www.conciergeconnections.com.au and let me know what you think.

Would love people’s feedback!

Thanks again,

Layla

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    Layla, post: 113940 wrote:
    Hi again,

Please see: http://www.conciergeconnections.com.au and let me know what you think.

Thanks again,

Layla

I’m sure the content is fine and the main images are great, but there seems to be something “not right” with a lot of the images e.g. the skype options, facebook and twitter et al.

Might just be the background clashing with the text, but that seems to be somewhat “fuzzy” too.

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    Layla, post: 113940 wrote:
    Hi again,

Thanks again,

Layla

I’m sure the content is fine and the main images are great, but there seems to be something “not right” with a lot of the images e.g. the skype options, facebook and twitter et al.

Might just be the background clashing with the text, but that seems to be somewhat “fuzzy” too.

Perth-Design
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

I will give my honest opinion:

The images are good
    The content is great
    but the general design is dated.

I think if you had the same images and content on a nice modern website it would look brilliant!

Perth-Design
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

I will give my honest opinion:

The images are good
    The content is great
    but the general design is dated.

I think if you had the same images and content on a nice modern website it would look brilliant!

Karl
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

The ‘not right’ images that Uncomplicating mentioned are probably due to being scaled too many times.

The following two things are possibly more concerning as they will negatively effect your ranking:

The biggest problem is that you are serving huge images, scaled down. The images on the posts are the worst offenders, being 2-3Mb EACH. The entire page should be well under 1Mb.

There is no H1 header on the page

Karl
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

The ‘not right’ images that Uncomplicating mentioned are probably due to being scaled too many times.

The following two things are possibly more concerning as they will negatively effect your ranking:

The biggest problem is that you are serving huge images, scaled down. The images on the posts are the worst offenders, being 2-3Mb EACH. The entire page should be well under 1Mb.

There is no H1 header on the page

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

My biggest issue is that the main image took ages to download on my not-quite-up-to-the-minute laptop. So I gave up.

Sorry

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

My biggest issue is that the main image took ages to download on my not-quite-up-to-the-minute laptop. So I gave up.

Sorry

Nicole

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again Layla,

Congratulations on being brave enough to put your site up for review.

To help people give you the best advice possible, we’d love it if you’d include the answers to the four questions at the top of the page in this thread:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Cheers,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again Layla,

Congratulations on being brave enough to put your site up for review.

To help people give you the best advice possible, we’d love it if you’d include the answers to the four questions at the top of the page in this thread:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Cheers,
    Jayne

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi, thanks for letting me review your site.

Well, I have seen worse sites from people who did it themselves. I am
    Looking at it on my phone, and most of the images do not load which makes the site look broken – it’s important you sort out the size and quality of the pictures.

Also, I would look to changes the user name form admin to something with a little more personality.

Good luck :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi, thanks for letting me review your site.

Well, I have seen worse sites from people who did it themselves. I am
    Looking at it on my phone, and most of the images do not load which makes the site look broken – it’s important you sort out the size and quality of the pictures.

Also, I would look to changes the user name form admin to something with a little more personality.

Good luck :)

Indo
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

Maybe I’m a bit thick but to me there is nowhere on your front page that spells out what you actually do?
    I wasn’t sure what you’re offering as your slogan says “Unlocking Australia and Beyond” but I don’t know what that means.
    Your call to action is to contact you for a quote, on what?

After I looked at your FaceBook profile, the first line of text below your pic said “Your personal concierge and lifestyle management service” and at that point the penny dropped but I really had no idea until then.
    For people that are a bit slow, like myself, maybe you need to spell out what you’re offering more clearly.

Indo
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

Maybe I’m a bit thick but to me there is nowhere on your front page that spells out what you actually do?
    I wasn’t sure what you’re offering as your slogan says “Unlocking Australia and Beyond” but I don’t know what that means.
    Your call to action is to contact you for a quote, on what?

After I looked at your FaceBook profile, the first line of text below your pic said “Your personal concierge and lifestyle management service” and at that point the penny dropped but I really had no idea until then.
    For people that are a bit slow, like myself, maybe you need to spell out what you’re offering more clearly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.