Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sam Hope
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

So I have gone through the process of redesigning my website, fortunately this was nice and easy with all of the serverside code already written.

Please take a look at http://www.thecrimeconsultant.com.au and let me know if there is anything that is amiss!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sam,

To get the best out of your review, it would be great if you could please include the answers to these questions in this thread:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

I know you may have already mentioned all these in previous posts, but it’s best not to assume that everyone who reads this will also have been exposed to your previous discussions.

Thanks – and good luck!
    Jayne

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Sam Hope, post: 166335 wrote:
    So I have gone through the process of redesigning my website, fortunately this was nice and easy with all of the serverside code already written.

Please take a look at http://www.thecrimeconsultant.com.au and let me know if there is anything that is amiss!

Just a quick few comments —

1. you use the word ‘crime’ a lot on the home page, and I don’t really know what crime you are talking about. I have to click on the ‘about crime’ page to get this information. Put it right on the home page.

2. The About Us page needs to be more ‘personal’. We buy from people we Know, Like and Trust. And you are in such a specific ‘trust’ industry that we need to know more about you and your background.

3. You need to have a way of funnelling leads — ie people who are interested but not ready to buy right now. Your opt-in newlsetter form should be at the top of teh website, more prominent.

I have some free website reviews and more info for free on my blog if you want to have a read through.

Jenny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.