Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

my wife and started a business 6 months ago and have had our website created by an advertising company. We werent happy with the infomation that was put on there so we changed it. We have access to change anything at anytime needed. We are about to update it and would like your opinion on what should be changed before we do update.

Thanking you in advance for your help

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Hobidi Bob,

To help people give you the most helpful advice possible, it would be great if you could please have a quick read of the guidelines at the top of the page and include the answers to the four questions you’ll find there in your post.

Thanks, and good luck for your review,
    Jayne

Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Thanks Jane,

I am after personal opinion of website layout. Is it user friendly. We privide cleaning services and were wondering if you were after information on a business you could rely on, would this help you?

We would also like your opinion on providing prices. When I look at a service, I like to know the price, but not many cleaning services in our area provide pricing and we thoguht this might give a competive edge.

SACKO – Head Office
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Hobidi

Have just visited your website.

I suggest you add more color to your website to make it more eye-pleasing. You might also want to change the header style so that it would stand out.

With the pricing page, it’s good to see that you have a detailed pricing list. But I would like to suggest that you improve the page and make the most out of it (I can see that there’s a blank space in the lower left corner.)

Regards,
    Edelyn

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

a business you could rely on

This is a very good point you’ve made.

Testimonials.
    If I need to rely on you I want to see evidence of all of the people who have relied on you already. This might include the company names or logos of businesses, and testimonials (including name and location) from residential customers.

Who are you? I’d also trust you to be more reliable if you had your name and photo on the site. This says to me that you take personal responsibility for the work you do, and that I can call you personally to discuss things if any problems were to arise.

Prove every claim you make. Throughout the site, you are mostly telling the reader how great your service is. But nobody believes you when you make claims. Why? Because every carpet cleaner says they’re the best in town, and they all claim a superb attention to detail. But we know from experience that most claims don’t pan out.

Instead you need to think about how you can demonstrate each claim.

“We know exactly how to make sure dirt and dust are gone.”

Prove it – add a page that shows the techniques or lengths you go to.

“We pride ourselves on our personability and communication skills.”

Prove it – “Here is what our happy customers are saying…”

“Our team are all professionally trained and licensed.”

Prove it – who are your team members and what license do they each have. List each staff member, their photo, and even a copy of their certificate.

Good luck!

Dave

ShanDesign
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Hobidi,

I like the images you have on the site and the fact that your phone number is easy to locate. I think including prices are a great idea.

I’m not sure if you are after feedback on the website look as well as the content?

I think the text needs a bit of work. It’s not a hard rule but generally it’s not a good idea to have large chunks of white text on a black background. If I were designing your site, I may have gone with clean, white open space and maybe some blues and green colours to hint at cleanliness, safety and environmentally responsible.

So on one hand, I’m not overly fond of the look and layout, but on the other hand I think it is actually quite user friendly. It’s obvious where to go and what to do.

Best of luck!

Shannon

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Hobidi,

I dont know how much you have changed as your post was 3 weeks ago. But one thing you can do to simply improve the performance of your site is to optimise that main image so it loads quicker.

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.