Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Thomas – CheckVault
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi Soloists,

Can I ask for a website review of: https://www.checkvault.com.au

I’d be especially interested knowing if the concept of what we’re doing is clear and if you can see the benefits of what’s being offered.

What do you think of the design, website copy and the general service offered?

Any feedback is greatly welcome.

Thomas

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Please , for the love of god, get rid of the slider.

I have no idea what you do because as soon as I start reading, it flicks to another slide.

You should be able to nail your message with you one slide.

Thomas – CheckVault
    Up

Thank you Matthew,

This feedback is actually very much appreciated.

I’ll push to have a long delay between slides.

Any other thoughts?

garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    Thomas – CheckVault, post: 198683 wrote:
    Hi Soloists,

I’d be especially interested knowing if the concept of what we’re doing is clear and if you can see the benefits of what’s being offered.

Thomas

At the bottom page…

© Copyright CheckVault

I believe, you need to reset letter-spacing to normal.

Other than that, I found your website very interesting and well done.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Overall I think that website presents quite nicely, I think you’ve done a good job in terms of keeping it fairly simple, clean and to the point. Nice use of colour to “pop” the get started button.

I’d like to see more of your usage of colour for more get started buttons throughout the content and towards the bottom. I read all the points as I move down the page and then It would be good to ask the user again whether they’re ready to get started on the how it works pages. The home page seems to do a decent job of it again.

Not sure, but is the phone number clickable on a mobile phone because you’ve made it a link to the contact page so therefore mobiles will see it as a link rather than a telephone number.

I do agree with Matthew, you can probably say what you need much more clearly in one single slide. You probably don’t even need to use a slider. Make it clear as soon as I land exactly what you’re offering and how easy it is using the steps you’ve outlined.

Is it 100% clear? Probably not, I read it a few times and still felt like I wasn’t sure what I’d be getting myself into. Maybe you could use a video or something instead which might get the point across a little better.

Contact page, no contact form? I’m not a big fan of naked urls as they set you up for heaps of spam and they don’t provide a great user experience. Maybe use a drop down box within a contact form to send to the appropriate email address.

Mumnesia
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

I like the look and feel.

As in the message, your target market are business’s that would need to use an invoice factoring service, and it’s quite clear that you are.

I do like the slider idea, because the messages are short, succinct & to the point.
    They are a ‘care’ call to action for potential clients.

I do agree with Matthew – way too fast.
    It was like having a burger snapped from your hand by a daring seagull – ‘Hey, I only had one bite!”.
    Slow it down, ease it in, let the reader digest each point.
    I think for your target market, the slider is better than a block of copy.

Byron, has a valid point – no contact page, only a naked url?don’t do much for client confidence. Clients might be pulled in by the aesthetics of the site, but you will lose them just as quickly if you can’t validate that it is an established business.

ChrisBiz
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    Hi Soloists,

Thomas

I just had a quick look at your site. Yes of course it is good. However I noticed that your 1800 number is the link to your contact page. How come? How many people know to click on 1800 number to go to contact page?

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

As others have mentioned, I really like the overall layout and theme of the website. It looks really professional and legitimate for the type of business your trading in.

As a software engineer myself, I have a few technical items:

UI
    – At a quick glance I didn’t find any compatibility issues
    – The scroll to the top button is obscured by the chat box. Move the chat popup to the left or pin the scroll to the top div to the bottom so it’s fully visible
    – Don’t like the phone number which is a clear through. I would have a contact link and a phone number (non link)

Non-functionals
    The performance of the website is my biggest concern.
    – Homepage load time was on average 8.89s, that isn’t acceptable. Statistics show that if the homepage doesn’t load in under 4s a user will bounce immediately
    – Minify HTML
    – Minify CSS
    – Minify Javascript
    – Images need compressing and optimising to reduce the download size e.g. you have 2 images which make up 1.8Mb. You need to consider that mobiles will struggle to download that much. I would try to get your homepage under 500Kb total
    – Look at using a CDN for all your static resources
    – No Structured data (microdata)
    – No social media meta tags – open graph, twitter cards etc

My all means this is only a very quick glance, I would suggest a full audit of all the technical items of the website delivery.

Cheers,
    Craig.

Thomas – CheckVault
    Up

Great feedback guys,

The rapidly changing slider has been bought under control and we’re looking to make our marketing message much clearer.

Re our business: we basically give Australian sellers the option to provide an escrow payment facility to their quotes. We have an Australian Financial Services Licence and only operate within Australia.

Thomas

Craig.Smith
    Up

As others have mentioned, I really like the overall layout and theme of the website. It looks really professional and legitimate for the type of business your trading in.

As a software engineer myself, I have a few technical items:

UI
    – At a quick glance I didn’t find any compatibility issues
    – The scroll to the top button is obscured by the chat box. Move the chat popup to the left or pin the scroll to the top div to the bottom so it’s fully visible
    – Don’t like the phone number which is a clear through. I would have a contact link and a phone number (non link)

Non-functionals
    The performance of the website is my biggest concern.
    – Homepage load time was on average 8.89s, that isn’t acceptable. Statistics show that if the homepage doesn’t load in under 4s a user will bounce immediately
    – Minify HTML
    – Minify CSS
    – Minify Javascript
    – Images need compressing and optimising to reduce the download size e.g. you have 2 images which make up 1.8Mb. You need to consider that mobiles will struggle to download that much. I would try to get your homepage under 500Kb total
    – Look at using a CDN for all your static resources
    – No Structured data (microdata)
    – No social media meta tags – open graph, twitter cards etc

My all means this is only a very quick glance, I would suggest a full audit of all the technical items of the website delivery.

Cheers,
    Craig.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I’m always amazed at how generous some people are on here with their detailed reviews. A website review really should be something that’s charged for and time again I see long well written reviews on here entirely for free.

First impressions of your website was that it looked nice!

– Phil.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Craig.Smith, post: 198743 wrote:
    Source?
    Craig.Smith
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 198904 wrote:
    Source?

Well bounce may be the wrong term, however there has been pretty of studies of how load times has a bearing on conversion rates and more importantly your organic ranking. This thread is not the right place to get into a discussion about the matter but I personally work off the following guides and aim to be under a 4 second load time:

< 2s Great
    > 2s and < 4s Acceptable
    > 4s Too Slow

Food for thought
    http://blog.cigniti.com/single-user-load-testing-kpis/
    https://community.compuwareapm.com/community/display/PUB/Best+Practices+on+Web+Site+Performance+Optimization?accessed=true

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Thomas,
    Sorry to be blunt but IMHO it looks to me like you have major problems…

The answer to that will depend on who lands where on your website?

What if site visitors land here:

I could possible list every one of your pages other than Home and visitors won’t know what you do, who the site is aimed at, what’s in it for them to explore the site further, where they are on the site nor what you want people to do.

If people land on any page other than Home, there is no reason to go to Home – that is not a criticism it is usually a facet of good site design.

Google has indexed 140 pages from your site. If you were expecting search engine referrals and links from other sites I suggest you will have:

• less than 10% of them visit your Home page,
    • an extremely high bounce rate,
    • an average of 1-2 pageviews and
    • an extremely low time on site.

All of which are consequences of the site limitations, above. I hope I’m wrong.

About your blog pages…

It looks like most of your content is in your blog section. If I land on one of these pages, I would not have a clue what your site is about.

I don’t understand:

• what the purpose of the blog is,
    • who it is aimed at nor
    • its value to a small business person.

The blog info topics seem to be very disjointed and unrelated to small business’ needs. The visitor also can’t navigate the blog. What do I do from here: https://www.checkvault.com.au/category/business/?
    Good luck & regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.